Friday, October 14, 2011

31 Days of Femininity: A lesson in femininity


My Husband and I on our wedding!  

Wednesday was our nine year wedding anniversary. Life has been so hectic lately, with my husband in college full time that we haven't had much time for ourselves. He had a final test that night for an 8 week class, but we decided to go out for dinner after his test was over.

I was busy all day frantically trying to finish getting some new products up at The Modest Mom and keep the children happy and in order. Early afternoon came-and I still wasn't dressed for the day! I needed to take a shower and I had been putting it off to get work done.

Finally I got my shower in, and was dressed right when my husband came home around 2:00. He had to study all afternoon for his test. I went and did some housework, planning on letting my hair dry a bit and then curl it. What I didn't plan on was that he was going to enlist my help for his homework study. I really wanted to look nice for him, so I quickly dried my hair and plugged in my curlers set - which is amazing as they only take 2 minutes to heat up. Perfect for the busy mom!

It took 30 minutes, but I blow dried my hair, put my hair up in curlers, and put on some makeup and jewelry that I knew he liked, and a splash of perfume. While I let my hair set in curlers, I helped him with the homework.

The effort was worth it. My husband's eyes lit up when he saw me, and he couldn't stop complimenting me all night. I was humbled as a wife. If 30 minutes is all it takes to create a look that keeps my husband looking at me as if I was his new bride again, why don't I apply myself more often to do it?

I'm not saying the only way to get your husband's attention is to do what I just outlined above. That is what my husband prefers, but my sister's husband does not like how jewelry looks on her, and doesn't prefer makeup either. Every husband is different-but there surely is something special you can do for your husband.

Once again I was reminded-a feminine woman strives to make herself look feminine!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At October 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous deborah said...

Your wedding picture is so cute! I think it is important to try to look nice for our husbands and even, just in general.

 
At October 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice picture! Thank you for reminding us to stay pretty for our husbands. It such a simple thing to do for them and they appreciate it so much. (and I am so good at forgetting)
Elizabeth

 
At October 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Paula said...

Beautiful photo! And very true post! Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It was also our anniversary (Oct. 12), but 15 years! And, I agree with your post. It's hard to remember to do those things with 6 kids running around and homeschooling, etc., but I know he appreciates the effort. Thanks for sharing!.

Julie Brown

 
At October 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger OrangeBlossom said...

Happy Anniversary! May God bless you with many more years and many more little 'blessings'

Checking out those curlers..

 
At October 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary! :-)

 
At October 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Far Above Rubies said...

Happy Anniversary, Caroline. What a beautiful photo.

 
At October 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Canadagirl said...

Happy Be-lated Anniversary! And thank you for sharing on this series. I am really enjoying it a lot.

Blessings In Him<><
-Mary

 
At October 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely post and series that you are doing.

First - beautiful picture of you and your husband!

Occassionally, my husband likes to see me in my jeans with an oversized bears jersey and a ponytail. He likes natural looking makeup and simple jewelry. Although I love my skirts and dresses and aprons on certain Sunday afternoons or for special football games on TV, I will wear this for him and it always makes him simle and hug and kiss me a lot. He also likes my hair up in a simple ponytail. I use to have short hair making this impossible, but after reading up on femininity, fasiniating womanhood, and other wonderful blogs like yours I decided to grow it out. It took a little over a year but now I have a great little ponytail and actually like my hair longer anyway.

Thanks for your Loving and faithful blog. I come here for my quiet times with God all time for idea's on quiet times.

Kisses and Hugs
Jenny
www.the21stcenturychristianwife.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home