Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Femininity: A true wife is...



A true wife makes a man's life nobler, stronger, grander, by the omnipotence of her love "turning all the forces of manhood upward and heavenward."

While she clings to him in holy confidence and loving dependence she brings out in him whatever is noblest and richest in his being.

She inspires him with courage and earnestness.

She beautifies his life.

She softens whatever is rude and harsh in his habits or his spirit.

She clothes him with the gentler graces of refined and cultured manhood.

While she yields to him and never disregards his lightest wish, she is really his queen, ruling his whole life and leading him onward and upward in every proper path.

Taken from the book The Family, by J.R.Miller

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At October 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Lisa Boyle said...

I just love this!

I really wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your posts on this topic.

Many blessings,
Lisa

 
At October 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Lisa,

I'm so glad you like it! I have been challenged in areas to work on myself as I write these posts, so it has been good for me to do this!

 
At October 11, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Katy said...

That is one of my favorite books! :)

 
At October 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Anonymous Jennifer ~Renewing Housewives said...

What a great post!!! I need to come back and read that again and again! (or just buy the book!)

 
At October 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cannot believe i just found this! wished i could have gone through each day with this, i so need this. i was once where i needed to be and fell and great was my fall and now God has seen fit to allow me to be used by Him again and i am so very thankful!! hard to believe i taught all these things and really didn't know it like i should have, but, Father God is gracious and merciful to allow me another chance.
~Blessings Always~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home