Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites

I promised on Facebook yesterday that I would share if these recipes turned out! For the first time ever I actually made homemade noodles for Chicken noodle soup. For some of you that is no big deal, you probably have been doing that for years! But making new things like that excites me. What can I say, my sweet mother was the same way and I got it from her!

Here is the recipe I used. My husband really liked it, and most of my children liked it. Some said the noodles were to thick, but I have to admit to having incredibly picky children at times. We are working on that. :)



For the record, I'm not crazy about the name of the blog. :) 

The other recipe I made turned out pretty good. For some reason I wouldn't rate it as being the best truffle type recipe I have tasted, I didn't grind up the pretzel bites as fine as I would have liked. But who can complain about pretzels, peanut butter, and chocolate being put together?



I found these very hard to pat together with your fingertips as the recipe called for. After doing just a few, my fingers became so sticky that I couldn't keep a ball together. So I pulled out my trusty cookie dough scoop (please tell me that everyone owns one of these? I use it all the time in my kitchen!), and it became so easy to do! 

I was worried for a while in this pregnancy that I wasn't gaining enough weight (a new problem for this pregnancy, it was just because I was so sick for so long). But I'm not worried anymore. I forgot I have to get through Thanksgiving and Christmas before I can have the baby. If I keep finding yummy recipes like this....well, let's just say I'll have to start watching what I eat. :) 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Miss Sarah said...

Oh yum!! Those both look delicious! I might have to try them out - especially the chocolate peanut butter bites. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home