Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 Days of Femininity: It's the little touches...

I find that when I take the extra 1-3 minutes and add some finishing touches when I get dressed in the morning, I feel so much better about myself all day. I've been thinking of ways I can expand and add more accessories, and I really want to try wearing some cute scarfs this fall. I stayed up really late last night sewing an adorable corduroy maternity skirt with flower embellishments (I'll share a picture when it's all done). I'm finding that solid colors are so easy to work with-especially for the skirt.

If you are like me, you are scarf challenged. :) I know how to throw one around my shoulder and that's about it! If you are looking for more ways to tie a scarf, here are some great tutorials.






Fold scarf in half. Loop around neck. Pull only one strand of the scarf through the loop. Twist loop, then pull other strand through ~ Another great way to wear a scarf! :)



A scarf with adorable flowers pinned to the sweater-cute!! 

And finally, here is a video that shows you 25 different ways to wear a scarf! If the music drives you crazy, just mute it as there is no talking on the video. 




If you are looking for some cute scarfs, Zulily has a whole selection of scarfs that are 45% off. The deal does end today. Look under Carley Wells to find the scarfs-I adore the crocheted white scarf!

Do you wear scarfs with your outfits? Do they get in the way when you are tending to lots of little children? I'd love to hear how you accessorize your outfits! 


I'm linked up at:





Growing Home 

Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE scarves! I used to work at Icing and I got lots of them for really good prices. I don't tend to wear them around the house as they make me kinda hot when I'm working. Maybe when it gets colder I can stand it though! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I am a huge fan of scarves! I usually use the same 2 or 3 methods of tying them, though, so I think I'll try something new.

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I love this post, and especially the video. I need to watch it again, though :)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Thank you for this! I too am challenged, so this will be a big help!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Lisa Boyle said...

I, too, am scarf challenged. Thanks for the post!

I can't wait to see the photo of your skirt! How wonderfully talented you are to make something like that.

Many blessings,
Lisa

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Thank you so much for the tutorials! I LOVE scarfs, but I'm not very creative with them! :) So this is going to be a big help! Now I just need to go and find/make/knit a scarf!
I have been on the lookout for the "perfect" scarf and I still have not found it yet. :( Oh well!
~Heather Joy

 
At October 18, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous Jacki M. said...

I love scarves. I have a handful hanging in our closet. Of course, I only wear them in the cooler months...also..make sure you throw them over your shoulder when dunking diapers (if you cloth diaper). They help with preserving modesty when you are nursing which I love. The only other accessories I wear are headbands, stud earrings and rarely a necklace (which helps distract my nursing toddler's hands). Love the blog!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Jacinda Vandenberg said...

I'm loving all these new ways to wear a scarf! Until now, I've stuck with one method bu I'm excited to try something new! Thanks for linking this post up to Teach Me Tuesdays.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Brittany said...

Wow, thank you for posting this! I love scarves and have a few, but I only know two ways to wear them. I'm looking forward to trying some new ways!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Far Above Rubies said...

You always have the best tutorials. Featured on DD.

Thank you,

Jasmine

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home