Monday, October 17, 2011

31 Days of Femininity: Finding feminine blouses for your wardrobe

Finding a feminine blouse can be so difficult. I walk into stores and everything is either super modern and fits really strange, or else it's just plain ugly! I wonder what some of these designers are thinking.

Here are some blouses online I found that look beautiful and feminine.


Rosemary blouse at Vanilla & Lace Shop


Bordeaux Rue Embroidered Pink Top from Ruche-Since discovering the modest layering shells these lower cut tops that are so beautiful and feminine are now modest to wear also! 





Pear Cardigan from Ruche-this is so pretty! 


Elkin blouse from Shopbop


Marrianne Blouse from The Modest Mom


Coupe White Blouse from Zulily-look under the Black and White Collection. 



Now before all these beautiful blouses discourage you because all you have are knit tops in your closet-let me reassure you and say I don't own gorgeous blouses like this either. But they inspire me to keep looking at thrift stores, and to save up and buy one or two blouses are that I *really* like. After I have this baby that is! 

I've learned you don't need an abundance of clothes as long as the clothes you do have are ones that you really like. So make sure that the clothes you purchase are items you can see yourself wearing for a year to come. Don't just put it into the shopping cart because it's on sale for $1.99 at the thrift store! 

Our Sponsors

CPT Worldwide-Pregnancy and Ovulation Tests
Shaklee-Natural Products for Home and Health
Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique-Cloth Diapers, and much more






Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. I see clearance racks and try and find something I can "live with". If I just saved up a bit I could buy something I really think is pretty and fits me nicely. I would much rather have 5 pretty, well fitted tops over a dozen sloppy ones that I bought just because they were cheap. It is so hard to find tops that are not clingy but that does not mean they do not exist! Thank you for this post!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Tiana said...

My biggest problem is that I'm tall, and it is virtually impossible to find tops that are long enough. I wear modest undergarments that cover my hips (and make discrete nursing easier), but finding a blouse (or any shirt for that matter!) that continues to cover when I put my arms over my head--and let's face it, I'm a mom, I'm doing that sort of thing all the time) is like finding a needle in a haystack!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stopping by via the Raising Homemakers Link-Up. :-)

Love and blessings,
Shannon

{Blog} http://homemakingintern.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home