Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days of Femininity: How to make your own accessories


*Note-for those of you who remember that I outlined this series at the start, you have probably already realized that I have taken a little bit different path that I originally had planned out. I still intend on getting to the other two topics before the month is out-being feminine towards your children, and being feminine towards others.*

Some of you are extremely crafty, and I'm happy for you! While I sew, I don't do actual crafts very well.  But I found some feminine looking accessories that I think almost anyone could make for themselves!


Make your own fabric flowers! These are perfect to put on headbands, pin them on a jacket, add to a cloth purse....the possibilities are endless! 

The instructions are found here. 



This is so cute! A Felt Flower Corsage Brooch. I can picture using this in so many different ways besides just pinned on a jacket. Be creative, and don't be afraid to try new things! 


Here is another look to a felt flower pin. This is super simple to make, but looks so stunning on this sweater! 


Here are flowers made out of t-shirts! I have thrown away quite a few t-shirts due to stains, and these would be cute to make with those stained shirts instead! 


Yo-Yo hair clip tutorial. I don't think I would wear these in my hair, but they would look so cute in my daughter's hair! 



Make your own scarf from knit fabric! 


Here is a ruffled scarf you can make-I like this one a lot! 


Was anyone else inspired to wear a scarf after yesterday's post? I put a flower one on with a solid maternity sweater, denim ruffle maternity skirt, maternity leggings, and black boots, and one of my favorite pair of earrings.  I felt dressed up to be at home for the day (we did go to families house for dinner) but it was fun! 

Photobucket>







Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Mrs. Contreras said...

I really like some of the flower pins and the scarfs. These are great ideas and I'm cringing at all those cute t-shirts I tossed recently because of stains and such. Well, I now have a few ideas for the next time. Thanks.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Christina said...

I can't sew so I'm excited about the flower pin. Such great ideas--thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home