Friday, July 29, 2011

Frumpy To Fabulous Link Up!


The week is over! I have been pleasantly surprised how much this week of going from frumpy to fabulous has blessed my marriage! It has made me focus on my husband, and think a lot more about him. I've found that there has been a lot more flirting going on between us, and the petty tension that seems to build up over nothing has been far less.

I do not plan to end this challenge, as I love the results that have come from it! So many times we feel guilty as moms to spend any time on *us* as we are so busy trying to keep up with our children, house, and husband (and normally in that order). But I've found that if I spend 10-20 more minutes each day to make sure I look extra nice, spritz on that perfume, put on a few touches of make-up, have my hair fixed nice, etc. that it makes a difference all day long! It's not just in how my husband and I relate to each other, but in how I view myself all day long. I'm not so down on myself, but more happy and confident as a woman because I'm actually taking care of myself! I think it's the same as the concept of putting on your shoes in the morning, you seem to get more done if you are fully dressed for the day.

So how did your week go? Was it a total success or a failure? I would love to have you link up and share! The linky will be up for a week, so you have time to write your post and share!


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Wonderfully Chaotic said...

What a great challenge! I'm glad you're going to continue it - I'd love to try it.

 
At July 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger mosey said...

This is neat, I wish I'd had the time to read these posts at the beginning of the week. My husband and I have been married for 11 years and it wasn't until the last year or so that this really became a challenge for me. I have been chronically ill and it is SO hard to find the motivation to actually bother doing anything with myself more than be clean and clothed! I would love to participate in this challenge at some point. :)

 
At July 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger MotherHenStevens said...

I read the post at the beginning of the week but really did not try to do a whole lot to make myself look nice this week. I am now 10 days postpartum & have lost 23 pounds so far! I am planning to start working out the beginning of next week and hope to be able to at least get out of the maternity clothes as they really are not fitting but neither are "normal" clothes. Al that being said, I hope to be able to do more on the making sure I look nice for my hubby front in the next few days :) Thanks for the posts this week and the encouragement.

 
At July 30, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate this challenge. It seems that the message the world is giving is that we as women should be seductive for everyone except our husbands. I have seen many Christian women caught in this lie. God did design us to be seductive for ONE man, our husbands! Thank you for all you do to stir our hearts toward God honoring lives as women.
Kim Crawford

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home