My To Do List For The Week...
The weekend left me strangely revived. I'm not sure why as Saturday was a difficult day emotionally since it was the one year anniversary of my mother's passing. I worked really hard that day to stay busy. We have house projects to do so I power washed our fence to repaint it, sorted through tubs of children's clothes and carried them all downstairs and into the garage to store there. Mind you all in the heat and me being 16 weeks pregnant. My husband kept telling me I was working to hard. I suppose he was right....
Sunday we were busy all day with church in the morning and evening, and a baby shower for a friend in the afternoon.
Somehow through all the busyness, I woke up this morning with this to do list on my mind. So these are my goals for this week.
1. To walk in gentleness before my children
2. To speak words of loving encouragement more than I speak words of discipline.
3. To be a true help meet for my husband, encouraging him if he is down, being quick to be there for his needs, and support him in his business. That includes having nice cold drinks of lemonade or juice ready for him when he comes home after a full day of lawn care. The heat is supposed to be really bad this week!
4. Take the time to focus on eating enough protein this week so I can grow a healthy baby and keep my blood sugar stable - thus in turn creating a happy mama for my children, born and unborn! This includes making sure I am fixing enough meat for lunch and dinner, eating boiled or scrambled eggs for breakfast, and making putter fingers today for a high protein snack. Also making sure I am drinking red raspberry tea daily along with my water and taking all my vitamins faithfully.
5. To try, and try again to stay on top of dishes and laundry. Those are my two biggest challenges in housekeeping! Yes I've read all the books telling me how to stay on top of it, it's just to actually do it. I also normally crash right after dinner and have a hard time finding the energy to go do the dishes then....
So there you have it!
Did you wake up with a renewed vision for your week? Do you have any special goals for this week?
I'd love to have you share them here with us!