Thursday, July 7, 2011

Review of FantaColor Junior Toddler Toy!


Timberdoodle contacted me a while back and asked me if I wanted to pick from a list of Toddler toys to review. I didn't hesitate! It was hard to choose, but I finally narrowed it down to the FantaColor Junior toy. I was attracted to the picture cards the bright plastic pieces you pop into the board!

My three year old was excited when I opened it up for her to play with it. The game comes with a clear plastic container that holds all the pegs. You slide a pattern card into the transparent board, and then pop the chunky pegs into the board to match up the colors. It's easy to pop the colors in for little hands!

The game comes with 8 different pattern cards with images on both sides. One side is color and they are supposed to match up the color pegs with the picture. The other is black and white, and they can use what colors they want.

I was intrigued by the game, and enjoyed sitting down with my daughter to play it. I found she didn't stick with it as long as I had hoped though. But my 18 month old daughter loves it!! She will sit and stick and the pegs in (of course not by the right color) and loves to handle the pegs, picking them up and dropping them in the box. It keeps her quite busy!

Timberdoodle has this as part of their core curriculum for Toddlers. I have looked at their core curriculum's several times, and they look excellent. I like the vision that Timberdoodle has for children. Keep things very hands on, with as much creative play as possible to help them learn.

If you would like to receive a free homeschool catalog, you can sign up here to get one! Also, Timberdoodle is throwing a huge online homeschool convention this Friday, complete with lots and lots of giveaways! You can read more about it on their blog here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Rachel E. said...

This looks like a wonderful product! Thanks for reviewing it. My 2 year old has a large pegboard as well as lacing beads. The beads have cards to use with them. But your review has inspired me to make some cards for the pegboard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home