Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November On The Blog-Maternity and Baby Theme!

I have two and a half months left in my pregnancy! With the holidays coming I know it will just fly by. At least I keep telling myself that. ;)

For the month of November I am going to focus on pregnancy and baby! I'm going to highlight a maternity wardrobe and show you some vlogs of my closet, and pictures throughout the month of what I'm wearing. 

I will warn you though, I'm not a fashion expert. Adding a scarf to an outfit, and putting on earrings and fixing my hair is about as far as it goes. You might be surprised to discover how few maternity skirts I actually have, even though I can easily make them! I had told myself that I would work on my maternity wardrobe this time around and so far that has resulted in sewing one new skirt for fall! I was passed on some really nice winter sweaters which have been nice to start wearing. 

I'm also going to be sharing what herbal things I plan to do to prepare me for the best birth possible. I've been doing lots of research and talking to my midwife, so I'm excited to try a few new things! 

There are some fun giveaways lined up for mom and baby this month, so stay tuned for those as well! 

Here are some pictures of what I wore yesterday. 




Notice the crunchy fall leaves and the sandals? I try to wear my sandals as long as I can! The dress is a Motherhood dress I bought off Ebay for this pregnancy and I love it! It's super comfortable. I'm wearing a 3/4 length Kiki Riki Black shell under it. It was my first time to wear the 3/4 length shell, and it worked great! I liked not having the bulky extra layer of a big maternity shirt under the dress. 


Yesterday was a crazy day, so no makeup (I've been trying to wear it a bit more). My earrings are the Tiara earrings from Lilla Rose (my favorite!) and I have my hair pulled back in my new flexi clip I just got in the mail! 


Isn't it pretty? I purchased my daughter an extra small one, and she looks beautiful when I put her hair up in it! 

And for all of you who keep requesting that I finish my courtship story, rest assured I will do that in the next week as well. My apologies for keeping everyone hanging, I just couldn't work anymore on writing it while doing the 31 Day Series! 






Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Far Above Rubies said...

So pretty, Caroline. I have been enjoying your various series. I think this one is brilliant. Keep up the great work.

Blessings,

Jasmine

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous deborah said...

That is a really cute dress!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Jacki M. said...

You look gorgeous! Love the dress with the shell...make me want to ask my husband about getting 1 or 2 for me for the winter. I will be sending this to my SIL who is in her second trimester. Love the blog!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a pretty dress, I have (hopefully) only 2 weeks left in this pregnancy so now I'm switching to looking for nursing wear rather than maternity clothes.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the herbs to prepare for birth. I am pregnant with #5 due in February. I have been drinking Mama's Red Raspberry Brew faithfully. It is my prayer that I will be able to go into labor on my own without intervention this time(been induced 3 times).
Kim Crawford

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH what a wonderful dress! You look so beautiful and modest.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this months posts. I have a few month to go with baby 8 :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Anonymous Brooke said...

Very pretty! I wouldn't worry too much about not makeup. ;) Women were beautiful and attractive to men long before make up was in vogue!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

I'm due Feb 29th (yup Leap Year 'day'), can't wait to order some maternity clothes from you next month :)

This outfit makes you look pretty and comfy, the right combo for being pregnant that's for sure :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous ConsciouslyModest said...

I absolutely love the dress that you are wearing. You've inspired me to create something like it.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

Love the dress. Love the sandles in fall, I wear my rainbow flip flops as long as possible. Love the no make up; you're beautiful and don't need it. Blessings to you on your upcoming birth!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I love that outfit. You look adorable! And I hope that the rest of your pregnancy and delivery go smoothly.

 
At November 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful Caroline!!! I have those shells on my wish list for Christmas!!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Maternity Clothes said...

You are so pretty. Love the dress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home