Friday, October 28, 2011

31 Days Of Femininity: Godly Resources For Your Daughters

This post is a continuation from yesterday's post for boys! 


Our Favorite Resources For Girls



Once again this is another great book written by Elizabeth George! This book goes through Proverbs 31 for little girls. My three year old loves this book! 



I haven't had a chance to purchase this yet, but I read through it at a homeschool convention and it is so sweet! This book encourages children to look for good character qualities in a spouse, and if you read it to them as they grow up it will inspire them to develop those character qualities so they can become a good husband/wife one day. This book is good to read to either boys or girls! 




This is a sweet book that will encourage your daughters to wait on the Lord for their husband, and that in God's timing everything will work out. I read all the courtship books in this series before I was married and enjoyed them.




I have read both the "Elsie Dinsmore" and the "Mildred Keith" series, which are written by Martha Finley. I prefer the Mildred series, as she is easy to relate to. The oldest of a large family who is not wealthy, the books highlight her struggles and joys into womanhood and marriage. I still pick these up today and read them! 



This book is written in the late 1800's, and is full of little lessons on virtue, modesty, family life, etc. I can't wait to read it to my daughters when they are older.




I read this book over and over again when I was growing up! It made a huge impact on my young teen years, and I highly recommend it for every young lady to read. 


I always have a long book list of items I want, but there is something called a budget, so I work on getting them slowly. :) Here's a tip on how I get books from Amazon for free, or close to it sometimes. I do my online searches through Swagbucks, and cash in my points to redeem Amazon gift cards! One year I cashed my points in throughout the year and saved them. I had quite a few gift cards saved up to purchase my husband the iPod touch he wanted/needed :) that year for his Christmas gift! So they really can add up. Plus if you tell other people about it (like I'm doing here!) and they sign up under you, then you can earn additional points!  

Search & Win

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger fairytalesandflowers said...

Just ordered the Elizabeth George book for my little girl's birthday. Thanks for the recommendation. x

 
At October 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my copy of Beautiful Girlhood that my aunt gave me when I was in my early teens....I can't wait till my girls are old enough to enjoy it as well.

 
At October 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Christy of The Travel Bags said...

I had none of these books growing up, but my five daughters are enjoying them, and I am reading them for the first time now. Thanks for recommending those I have not yet read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home