Friday, September 23, 2011

Teaching Modesty To Our Daughters


As mothers, we have an awesome and exciting responsibility to teach our daughters what being a lady is all about. The best way we can teach them is to show them what it looks like by living it in our own lives.
One thing I am working on passing on to my young daughters is how to look like a lady. I want to show my daughters the attitude of modesty by the spirit I carry and by what I wear.
I was blessed to have a mother who taught me from a young age how to conduct myself as a lady. She saw the importance of raising her daughters to look feminine and modest. Having gone through experiences in life she regretted, she didn’t want us susceptible to the crude comments and gawks and stares of young men visually enjoying a young lady displaying her body for all to see.
To read more, go to Raising Homemakers Website....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger jo@blog-diggidy said...

this is so true...and a lesson most woman don't teach their daughters anymore, isn't that sad? too many woman want to be treat "equally" and forget that we are not supposed to be treated like our male counterparts...we are very different creatures, made that way by our heavenly Father!! have a blessed day!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home