Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Household Drudgery or Eternal Worth?


Three Mothers

"Once a woman came upon three mothers at work.
'What are you doing?' she asked of them.

" 'I'm doing the weekly washing', answered the first.

" 'I'm doing a bit of household drudgery", replied the second.

" 'I'm mothering three young children who some day will fill important and useful spheres in life, and wash-day is a part of my grand task in caring for these souls who shall live forever,' replied the third. Only she had caught a vision of the great work she was doing."

From the book "Soul Sculpture" (what you owe to your child) by E.F. & L. Harvey


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Canadagirl said...

Very good point.

Blessings<><
-Mary

 
At June 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

I love that! Caroline, my post for tomorrow speaks to this message...a lesson I had to learn.

Catching the vision!

Surrendering to Him Daily,

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing

 
At June 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Mrs. Stam said...

Love love love this post!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very well said!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Heather Hart said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

I like that. It brings to light a mother's vital role so well. What we do matters forever! Thank you for the reminder today. I really enjoy reading your posts!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Miss Sarah said...

Beautiful. What a blessing if we can catch and keep this vision in our every day tasks!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger MJ said...

Oh my land...I SO needed that today....with a tall basket full (OK several of them) of dirty laundry. I have not seen my household chores as investments in eternity. My children....absolutely! The laundry, dishes, insurance quotes, oil changes, etc...um...not so much.

Thanks for the little 'swat' I needed.

 
At June 16, 2011 at 6:03 AM , Blogger Finding Joy said...

Very good, thank you

 
At June 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Blogger About Southern Belle said...

Good food for thought. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home