Monday, May 30, 2011

Resting on the Lord's Day

Yesterday after church our family went on a picnic. We knew that a picnic on Memorial Day wouldn't be happening as my husband has to work today, so we took advantage of the first nice day in a while, and met family at a local park. It was so nice to relax, feel the breeze, and just take a deep breath and slow down.

Life has a way of becoming hectic, crazy, and tension filled. Every day life brings lots of work to do, daily problems to solve, and a laundry pile that never ends. :)

I'm always grateful for Sundays, a day where we are actually told to stop working, and to rest and worship the Lord. God planned every detail of our life so perfect, including a day of rest!


Our family -May 2011.

Carrianna and I enjoying the view of the lake


Best friends and brothers - my two oldest!


Carrianna - my daughter in who I can relate to so easily.
She is very much like I was as a child!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At May 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family!
And I LOVE Carrianna pantaloons! They are sooo darling! They put me in mind of the sweet little girls in the Jane Erye movie. If you made them yourself where did get the pattern?
~Heather

 
At May 30, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

I have told my husband many times that we are commanded to rest on the Lord's day, but he says it is not work if you enjoy doing it. However, you are right the Lord knew what He was doing. After my day of rest I am renewed for the next week, what a difference.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Heather,

My Mother in Law made them for Carrianna, and I'm not sure what pattern she used! I really think the lace makes a big difference in the appearance. :)

 
At May 30, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Deanne said...

Oh, I too am grateful for Sundays, a day of rest and worship. Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful family with your blog followers. I love to see happy sweet families.

 
At May 31, 2011 at 5:12 AM , Blogger Finding Joy said...

What a beautiful photo of your family, it looks like it was a lovely sunny day for being outdoors. Its very grey here, so nice to see the sunshine, even if many miles away!!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Anonymous Gabe said...

What a beautiful family! I love that we too have purposed to set aside Sundays as a day of rest for our family. It has not always been that way, and I did not always look forward to Sundays (as I should have). I now look forward to Sundays!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous MommaDez said...

Hello everyone ♥
If I'm not mistaken, isn't the Lord's Sabbath on Saturday? I've done research (because I was NOT brought up to honor His Sabbath) and have learned that it's actually Saturday, not Sunday as I was told. What are your thoughts?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home