Friday, February 25, 2011

Do you need encouragement?


I don't think mothers that are just starting out homeschooling realize how blessed they are. I'm a second generation homeschooler, and I well remember the days when there was little published for the stay at home Mom, let alone a homemaker who also homeschooled her children. My Mother faithfully subscribed to one magazine for many years, as it was all that she knew of.

Today, it is so very different. When the world wide web exploded, resources became numerous for the Christian Mom. My email inbox can be a source of contact with other ladies who are striving for the same goals that I have. And best of all, most of the resources you find online that are delivered to your email are free!

I recently learned about a new online newsletter that I think you ladies will really enjoy. Eternal Encouragement Newsletter is a weekly publication that will be sure to uplift, and strengthen you! I found the newsletter helpful for encouraging me in my marriage, and parenting skills.

The theme for the month of February has been the topic of marriage-it seems that is the subject on whatever blog I go to also! I wonder if Valentine's Day has anything to do with that? :) The newsletter stressed that we need to learn how to avoid conflict with our husband. I don't know about you, but I find that conflict creeps into my marriage so quickly. One moment I think we are fine, and the instant I let my guard down I find that there can be tension there that needs quickly resolved.

There was also some wise counsel shared that we need to pray for our husbands. Such an easy thing to do, but I know I can be quick to forget during the business of the day to stop and pray for my husband. They do such an incredible amount of work for us, the least we can do is uphold them in prayer during the day!

Chick Flicks for Mom are part of the newsletter, and I greatly enjoyed the video I watched! Lorrie Flem is the editor of Eternal Encouragement magazine, and she puts together the neatest little videos to watch, all designed to bring you some godly wisdom and counsel.

It's super simple to sign up! You can go to www.homemakingwithteach.com and sign up for the newsletter (find the sign up button in the middle of the page on the left hand side). I know how these things go, you think it sounds great, but you will sign up some other time. Don't wait! You probably won't ever get around to it if you put it off. :)

Enjoy your encouragement!

“I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of the Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own."

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Anonymous Cindy said...

Oh, you are so right how home schooling/home making resources are very wide spread now. Almost to the point of overwhelming!
Nice review
fellow Gabby Mom

 
At February 25, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Julieanne said...

Yes, for the newbies, it IS overwhelming! Nice review!

Julieanne (fellow Gabby Mom)
http://www.JoyInOurJourney.com

 
At February 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for all the resources, too. Personally, I have had to narrow my search down a bit, as now there are so many. But, definitely am thankful to have the enewsletters, magazines, and forums, along with real life relationships to encourage me and walk this journey.

Blessings to you,
Jada (another Gabby Mom)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Carie said...

Nice review. I really like your blog!
Carie (another Gabby Mom)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Anonymous Tina said...

I agree with you. Information available has exploded in recent years! I'm afraid sometimes it's too much. Loved Eternal Moments though!

Tina - Gabby mom friend

 
At February 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Chic Mama said...

I am so thankful for the plethora of resources available these days! Those first generation moms were the honest pioneers!

Nice review!

MacKenzie
Head Mama

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I definitely feel blessed by all of the homeschooler pioneers that paved the way for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home