Monday, February 14, 2011

A Mother's Heart Check



Are you where God wants you to be?


Can you say that you feel content with the path you are on?


Do you feel satisfied with being a wife and mother?


When others ask what you do, are you embarrassed to admit you are a keeper of the home?


Does taking care of a home and family bring you joy?


What attitudes do your children see in you each day? Are you teaching them to be joyful, or to complain (ouch!)?


Do you find yourself daydreaming of yesteryear's where life wasn't so rough, or longing for the future when you won't have so many little ones that constantly demand your attention?


Are you exemplifying honor to your husband?



Do you enjoy your labour?



"There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God."
Ecclesiastes 2: 24


These are some questions I'm asking myself after listening to this outstanding message.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!






Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

A wonderful reminder of God's plans for us as wives and mothers!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Lecia said...

I found your blog from Raising Homemakers. Wow, lots of food for thought here. I LOVE caring for my family and am so blessed to do this. Sadly, when I was younger I always felt it wasn't enough. I was looking through the eyes of the world. But God is so merciful and blessed me in spite of my lack of seeing the blessing.

 
At February 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Heather Rae said...

Wonderful thoughts to consider!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home