Thursday, February 10, 2011

My First Vlog! Teaching Children Bible Memory Verses

I feel so extremely blessed to have not just one daughter, but two to raise up as handmaidens for the Lord. My hope is that they will be virtuous young women who fear the Lord, and who will seek to serve Him.

My oldest little girl is two and she is such a delight! I have started teaching her the scripture verses from Proverbs 31:10-31. It's my goal for her to have it all memorized, but for now we are just working on the first two verses :-) She normally recites it louder than this but she realized that the camera was going, so it made her get soft at times.

I found it so easy to teach her these verses. I didn't make it a scheduled time in my day, rather I would say the verses to her when I changed her diaper, while everyone was sitting around the table waiting for the food to get served (it's a good way to keep the children quiet!), or when she would be in the kitchen "helping" Mama!

(Excuse the background mess! It was the end of the day, and that's just real life around here with four little ones!)


P.P.S. Notice my flexi clip in my hair? I love discovering new ways to fix my hair using a clip!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that you are teaching her memory verses at such a young age. Praise the Lord! These will be something that she remembers all of her life and will be a blessing for her.

Renee Webster

 
At February 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Miss Sarah said...

That's so sweet! Isn't it precious to hear little ones quoting God's Word?! I teach Scripture Memory to the children at church(right now I have 6-14 year olds) every Sunday. We usually learn a chapter at a time with hand motions memorizing around 2 verses a week. It's a precious privilege!

 
At February 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Christine said...

This is so precious! We love Bible memory time, too!

 
At February 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Mama Chocolate said...

My oldest daughter is almost 2, and we're starting to teach her memory verses! They can memorize stuff SO easily at this age...I just wanna PACK it into their brains. :-)

http://childrenchoresandchocolate.blogspot.com/

 
At February 11, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Kathy - mom of many said...

Starting out early for the Bible Bee? http://www.biblebee.org/ Great job. She's so cute!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

@Kathy, We have some friends from church who have done the Bible Bee, and it sounds really good! Maybe one day.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home