Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanking God For His Blessings...



Today I'm thankful for my godly upbringing, and that I was given godly instruction and counsel and my paths were always lovingly pointed to my Savior. I would not be where I am today without a faithful mother who diligently gave of herself to raise me up. Or a father who worked hard so my mom could stay at home with us to teach us.


I'm thankful for my husband who is quick to show mercy to his wife, and gives me support in days when I'm exhausted and frazzled. His wisdom never ceases to amaze me, and his devotion for his children gives me great peace. I know many ladies long for husband's who will be more involved in family life, so I do not take what I have lightly.




I'm thankful for four beautiful children who fill my days with sounds of Indian war cries, questions that never end, hysterical statements that make me chuckle, and yes, even the noise that four young children bring because it means they are strong and healthy. I'm thankful for the ways I've matured since having children-being a mother is much more intense and emotionally and spiritually draining than I ever anticipated, but it brings me to my knees which in no way is a bad thing.




I'm thankful for my aching back, swollen feet, and blood sugar that dips low all the time. It means our baby is alive and growing in my womb! The movement at midnight that keeps me up, the kicks that are strong enough to take my breath away - these are precious to me.




I'm thankful for a messy house, laundry that never seems to be caught up on, and dirty dishes that abound. Dirt Smudges on the white trim, and yes - even the bathroom that smells from little boys using it all the time. : ) It means we live in this house. It is our home - a place where activity is constantly taking place and that we dwell here as a family.




For self employment ups and downs - having hardly ever known a constant guaranteed paycheck since being married, I am thankful. It means I have not discouraged my husband from his dreams in being self employed even though my fear of the unknown has tempted me to do so at times. The memories we have already created as a family are priceless.  Being at the cabinet shop at midnight (especially around the holidays) and stories of mowers almost going in the pond or ditches are aplenty also. While I didn't grow up in an entrepreneurial type family I'm thankful I have caught the spirit and now actually love it!



For the freedom that we have in this land-Praise God! We can worship where we choose, teach our children as we feel led, and still have a vote in who runs this country. While there is cause for much mourning because of the state of our country I'm still thankful for the liberties we do have. They are abundant compared to other countries!



Finally, I'm thankful for all of you-my wonderful blog readers. You continue to amaze me by coming back here to read this little blog. I feel totally inadequate when it comes to writing but I have a heart to share about femininity and modesty so I press on. Thank you for all the encouraging comments and emails!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At November 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post and a lot to be thankful for...We are so much more blessed as children of God then we tend to realize may we not forget..Thanks for all the wonderful reminders...By the way you look Lovely pregnant and look like you are feeling great!God bless and may you and your family have the most blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving ever..In Christ Love, Charity

 
At November 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger A Restful Place said...

Lovely post! :) The Lord is truly good! Thanks so much for sharing!

Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Allison said...

A beautiful post...

 
At November 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!
Elizabeth

 
At November 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully put, I've been enjoying your blog for a while but have never commented until moved to do so today. I too have healthy (noisy ) children (3) at home with another on the way. This was very uplifting for me to read today! Do you know the sex of your baby? I have 3 little girls with a boy due in April. Thanks for a truly lovely blog

Jennie V in Mississippi

 
At November 23, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Jennie-No we never find out what gender the baby is. My husband especially loves to be surprised. :) I get pretty impatient to find out right about now, but we'll know in about six week so I guess I can wait. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home