Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our duty as wives...


"Ah! the true rule is-a true wife in her husband's house is his servant; it is in his

heart that she is queen. Whatever of the best he can conceive, it is her part to be;

whatever of the highest he can hope, it is hers to promise; all that is dark in him

she must purge into purity; all that is failing in him she must strengthen into truth;

from her, through all the world's clamor, he must win his praise; in her, through all

the world's warfare, he must find his peace."

~John Ruskin~

Some might find that quote a bit offensive. You might say it is putting to much responsibility on the wife for her husband. I find it challenging, convicting, and extremely humbling. I have much to change in my life before I could claim to be a wife that is so focused on my husband's good.

Let's find something we can do to bless our husbands today!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Amen, sister! I love it! God has blessed us with such a special ministry to our husbands. I still fall short in so many ways but with God's help...I get closer to what He desires for me each day.

I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is kind and affirming!

Blessings!

Mary Joy

 
At November 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

Love that!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Niki said...

Oh feminist culture that trains us women to become so easily offended about loving our husbands and not being selfish!!

I will be working on this! :)

(By the way, I just started following from the skirt giveaway!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home