Monday, February 27, 2012

Modest Mondays {and a Link Up!}


Today's Modest Monday outfit shows what I wore to church yesterday. My sister and I went shopping Saturday at Target and Maurices and I bought two scarves while I was out, which was a splurge for this mama. :) They were so pretty though, and just what I had been looking for. So I picked an outfit out to wear based on one of the scarfs. 


Outfit

Top: Cream Sweater - hand me down from my sister. 
Skirt: Midnight Stretch Skirt from The Modest Mom. 
Pantyhose: Spanx brand (they are so comfortable! I only wear hose to church or other special occasions though. I wear leggings or warm  knee high socks during the week). 
Shoes:  My black shoes are from Walmart.  


Accessories 

Scarf: Soutash Lace Scarf from Maurices
Earrings: Antique Pink Earrings from Wired Vintage on Etsy
Flexi Clip: My hair is pulled back in a flexi clip from Lilla Rose ( Circle of hearts and flowers clip is 30% for a few more days! ). 


Link Up Time! 

Please feel free to share posts about anything concerning being a godly feminine woman. Topics include:   being a wife, mother, homeschooler, homemaker, cooking, sewing, ect. 
Please no business link ups! Thank you! 









This post is linked up at: 

The Better Mom

Titus 2 Days


Growing Home


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I love your new scarf! So beautiful! I popped in from The Better Mom. I really enjoy your site and your heart for Biblical femininity!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

I also love that scarf! I am definitely going to check out that skirt, love the length :)

 
At February 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Tirzah said...

I love this outfit! I have been feeling led to wear more skirts lately. I'm working on getting more. I'm going to have to check out that skirt for sure!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore scarfs! I love the color of your new one. I think it is probably time I get one of these beautiful skirts too. Thank you for hosting the link up. I always really enjoy being apart of these.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Chelsey S. said...

I love the scarf! The color is very pretty. I think it is probably time I got one of these beautiful skirts too! Thank you for hosting the link up. I always really enjoy these. Thank you!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand the link up....I don't blog but I like to read through the Monday post and scroll down and look at everyone else's modesty outfits or ideas or whatever they've linked with but I clicked through about 10 of them and only 1 came up with anything about dressing (#7) and #1 I see was a post about modesty but everyone else's was myriad of seeds, menus, etc. Are the links supposed to go straight to the post about modesty? I even scrolled to the bottom of the posts, thinking it would bring up something but it didn't. Is it this way when everyone clicks through or am I seeing something different? Thanks.

Rebecca

 
At February 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Rebecca,

If you read the guidelines to the link up I opened it up to include topics about biblical womanhood, which include mothering, homemaking, ect. There just isn't enough ladies blogging about the outfits they were each week to do a weekly link up for just modest clothing outfits. :)

 
At February 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I meant to tell you yesterday that I loved your outfit! Especially the scarf. So pretty how the flower is just in the right spot to hang nicely. And the earrings matched perfectly! You were the leader of "The Scarf Club" yesterday (as neither Jennifer nor I wore one)! :)

 
At February 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger SRKindred said...

love the scarf.... I've always wanted one - but never thought they're worth the $$ to spend on it...... maybe I should just go get me a couple! By the way, i really like your modest monday posts - they help the more challenged (like me) with picking out outfits!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Thanks! Jennifer and I had to decide who was going to buy the scarf as they only had one left, and we both liked it. She graciously let me buy it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home