Monday, February 20, 2012

Modest Mondays Outfit {And a Linkup!}



This past week has been long. I was very dizzy all week long and couldn't figure out why. Anemia and Low Blood Sugar problems had been ruled out by my midwife. Finally I told my husband I just couldn't take it any longer so I saw a Dr. I was thinking I might have an inner ear infection, but he told me I have Strep Throat! I was so surprised as I always thought you would have a sore throat with strep. I've been on an antibiotic, and the dizziness is slowly getting better, but I'm struggling with pressure headaches which I've heard also go along with strep. I'm really hoping that this time next week I feel all better! If you've noticed that the blog has been a bit quieter this past week, that was why.

I've also been quite busy taking care of seven week old Deborah. She is quite sweet and quite demanding of me. :) She doesn't like to be put down much, so the house is barely staying together while we attempt to keep her happy. I know this time will pass quickly so we are trying to stay positive about the demands of a fussy baby.

For this week's modest monday post my sweet sister Jennifer is the model! Trying to find decent places to take pictures in the dead of winter is hard, so forgive the background. It is her old shed. :)




Brown blouse: East 5th from JCPenny

Scarf: Ditsy Floral Scarf with Fringe from Maurices (I just discovered Maurices and they have some really cute items mixed in with the immodest ones!)


Shoes: Mudd Flats from Kohls

I'm going to start doing the link up every week, and open it up for posts about anything feminine. While I still would love to see blog posts about modesty, feel free to also share posts about anything concerning  being a godly feminine woman, which involves being a wife, mother, homeschooler, ect. 

If you link up please grab the button below so others can come here and join in! Thank you! 







Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At February 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Sarah Winson said...

Thanks Caroline for the link-up's on modesty. I really enjoy reading all these blogs and getting inspiration! Prayers for you and your little Deborah as well!
Hugs!!
Sarah

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Kasey @ Walking Redeemed said...

Your sister looks lovely, Caroline! Old wood shed and all!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well last week. I hope this will be a better week for you. I am so excited that you are doing the Modest Mondays link-up every week! I love to get inspiration from other ladies. This will be so much fun.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous jodi said...

I love scarves! They draw the eye to the face of the wearer.. the way it's tied above has a slimming effect, plus it creates a 'put together' look. Collared shirts are classic too... very nice ~

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger The Mama Behind the Story said...

Thank you so much for sharing these, Caroline! They're very helpful for those of us with little to no sense of fashion. :)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Chara said...

Thank you for hosting! I hope you continue to get feeling better!
Chara
http://stitchingheartstogether.blogspot.com/2012/02/101-ways-to-use-eggs-veggie-scramble.html

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you haven't been well! Hope you feel better soon.

By the way, how do you manage, taking care of FIVE children while you're sick? I really admire you, and I LOVE following your blog. I'm a teenage girl who likes to wear skirts (long to medium). Anyways, I enjoy reading your posts about modesty and mothering, as I would like to have many children when I grow up! Thanks so much for your inspiration. God bless you.

In Christ's love,

Butterflygirl

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

When I get terribly sick I have a sweet mother in law and sister who help me out. Also since my husband is self employed he can manage his schedule to help me out if needed. Otherwise we manage the best we can. The house is far from clean, but we can always catch up on that. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home