Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slow down Mothers...life is rushing by fast

This video made me cry! Ann Voscamp just came out with a new book and this video was made from pictures that Ann took herself, and she is the one speaking.

I have been so keenly aware of how fast life is rushing by. My "baby" is seven, next year I will have been married 10 years. Sadly, my life feels like I'm in chaos, disorder, and I spend my days scrambling to catch up on housework and schoolwork, and the special moments with my children get pushed back for another day. Watching this has made me even more determined to order my life, de-clutter my house, purge closets so laundry days are not as intense, and simply live life with my children and husband. Truly build relationships with my children that are lasting and deep. Pour myself into them, give them all that I have, not just tidbits left over.

May God give us grace as Mother's to be all that we can be. Please take the time to watch this video, it is so powerful!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Greg and Donna said...

AWESOME! Thats an incredible video!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Far Above Rubies said...

I'm so glad you posted and linked up on Domestically Divine. I've been seeing this video up on various websites. It's impacting.

Thank you!!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and have a 3 yr. old. I'm so busy getting ready and keeping up, that I have really felt as though my daughter is being neglected somewhat. Thank you again for a reminder that our children are what will last and matter to us, because they have an eternal soul, and whether my carpet is vacuumed, the nursery is ready, or the dishes pile up will mean nothing by comparison. Love in Christ!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Jan said...

Love your post! Thank you. I found you on Raising Homemakers and am now following you. :) I hope you'll check out my blog too. I post recipes, photography and feature a different Christian artist each week. Have a great day! Jan http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

 
At January 19, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger RealtorSD said...

What a great blog, I like the modest clothing too. I'm not a mom yet but looking forward to one day!

Following you from 365 Days of Good, hope you'll follow back:
http://365daysofgoodsd.blogspot.com/

 
At January 20, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Darcy Carmichael said...

Thank you for sharing this! I normally don't watch videos because I have dial-up, but felt compelled to watch this. It may have taken 2 hours to download it, but it was definitely worth it because I am a repeat offender at not recognizing, let alone savoring, all those moments God has blessed us with. Thank you for the reminder to cherish the time I have with my children.

 
At January 20, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,
Love the video,. Good luck with homeschooling. My sister has 6 children and home schooled them all. The biggest key to being successful is following a set daily schedule.
Look for homeschooling groups. These give your kids the opportunity to interact, learn from different people & prepare for the classroom environment in college.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer & Speaker
Children's Author of Klutzy Kantor & Marta's Gargantuan Wings
wwww.jadaykennedy.com

 
At January 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Gwen said...

I am not sure what to say after watching that video. There are still tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms! Thank you, I so needed to see and hear that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home