Saturday, January 1, 2011

Schedule Your New Year!


Happy New Year! Last night we went to our church for a new year party of food, games, and a year end review of pictures from events over the past year. It was fun, we just stayed way to late and now everyone is exhausted today!

It is hard to believe that 2011 is here. I'm excited for a new year though, and hopeful that I will be able to get some better routine to my household days. I have read several different books on time management. The books that tell you to order out your day based on time never have worked for me. Being a wife of a self employed husband my days are not predictable. For example, yesterday my husband and I had an impromptu planning session of some new business ideas all morning. While I need to work on being on a better schedule, it is nice to stay flexible to what your day brings.

Routines have always been the best for our household. The best thing to do is list out everything you need to do in a day, and create an order to it. For example, here is what my schedule looks like. I have no strict times attached to it, besides when to wake up, meal times, and bedtime.

6:00 A.M-Rise, Prayer, Scripture time
T-Tapp
Blog
Get Dressed, Children Up
8:00-Breakfast, clean up dishes
Tidy up house
School
12:00-Lunch Time, Computer check in/trampoline break (when it is not cold!)
Finish up school, Carrianna nap
Plan Dinner, Sew, Rest, Computer time
Make Dinner
8:30-Bedtime for Children
9:30-Bedtime for parents (I have to admit we rarely get in bed this early. We are going to work really hard on changing this).

My days rarely match my routine laid out, but at least I have something laid out that helps me have a goal. The days when we stick to this routine, it is absolutely wonderful!

Besides The Large Family Logistics Book that I have so highly recommended, another resource is the Tell Your Time E-Book. She tells you in simple, easy to understand ways how to create a routine, and even helps you figure out what you should be doing in your days and what you should get rid of. Also included in the e-book are printable forms to write down your weekly schedule.

Until January 7th the Tell Your Time E-book is on sale for $7, normally it is $12. Now is a great time to finally get a routine going in your life!

I am so glad you are here! Please feel free to subscribe so I can come to you!



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Pamela said...

I just bought Large Family Logistics, and I can't wait to read it. I looked it over but this month I hope to dive in and read.

 
At January 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm forever making a todo list & ticking off each item on it. It helps me to see what Ive accomplished. Otherwise I get discouraged.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer & Speaker
Children's Author of Klutzy Kantor & Marta's Gargantuan Wings
www.jadaykennedy.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home