Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan for Week of May 3rd

This past week my hubby has been sick with a bad cold, fever, coughing, and lots of congestion. Thankfully he had a weekend to try and rest and seems to be on the mend. Without scaring my husband too badly, I have a desire to be eating healthier than we have. In the past I made a Barley Drink that he said tasted fine, he will drink it. I bought a BPA free plastic bottle at Wal-Mart for $2.00 that holds all 8 glasses of water you are supposed to drink in one day. I know I'm terrible at drinking as much water as I should. This will be an easy way to keep track of how much I'm getting down in a day and encourage me to try for more. You'll notice I don't have any desserts listed this week. We still have a few goodies laying around and that will suffice!

Thinking about being healthier my main goals are:
1. Exercise daily
2. Drink 8 glasses of water
3. Take the vitamins and herbs daily
4. Get more raw veggies into our diet
5. Drink barley water several times a week

This will not be a 360 degree turn from the menu plans I have had in the past, just refining how we eat. Now on to this week's menu:

Breakfast
Monday-Cream of Wheat Combo & Applesauce
Waffles
Pan Pancakes
Cereal
Oatmeal w Raisins & Applesauce
Country Breakfast Cereal
Cereal

Lunch
Monday-Salad w black beans, fruit, veggies
PB&J, fruit, veggies
Bean Burritos, fruit, veggies
Baked Potato w Broccoli & Cheese, Applesauce
Grilled Cheese Sandwich, fruit, veggies
Stir Fry Veggies & Rice, Sweet Potato
Leftovers

Snacks
Popcorn
Banana Bread
Celery w peanut butter
Yogurt

Supper
Monday-White Chicken Chili, Sweet Potato, Cornbread
Black Bean Soup, Sweet Potato, Corn
Creamed Chicken over Rice, Corn, Green Beans
Santa Fe Chicken, Pudding, Sweet Potatoes, Salad
Visiting
Pigs N Beans in a Blanket, Rice, Pudding
Leftovers

From Jennifer Allen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home