Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan for week of March 22nd


From Jennifer Allen

Wow. It's Spring! Along with it came 6 inches of snow. It is beautiful but I can't wait for warm weather. This week I wanted to try a few new recipes. Last week we put together some dry mixes at church during a mixes class. I will be using the brownie mix and may throw in some biscuits as well. The Mom is Great Breakfast Cake recipe was a must when I came across it just for the title itself.

I'm curious to see if the Popcorn Chicken lives up to tasting as good as it sounds. You really must try the baked fish. It is so yummy! My sister Caroline, and her daughter Carrianna, both share their birthday as March 23rd. We will be having the party at my home. Supper that night at Caroline's request is the Orange Chicken and Rice. We don't have a great Orange Chicken recipe under our sleeve. Instead we buy the Orange Chicken from Costco. It is so good! If anyone has a delicious Orange Chicken recipe that could match that taste you'll have to let us know. Growing up we would get a Tippins French Silk Pie on occasion. That happens to be my favorite dessert. I thought I would try to make one for the birthday party. I'm going to try the recipe I found here for French Silk Chocolate Pie. I will be increasing the sugar to 1 1/2 cups and the vanilla to 2 teaspoons. We'll let you know how it turns out.

My sister Caroline has been talking about trying some freezer meals here soon. I have been reluctant for two reasons. Reason one is my Mom had made them years ago and they were disgusting meals. We never tried again after the first failures. Mind you that could be the recipes she used, but it remains in my memory. My second reason is I enjoy cooking every day. Pretty good reason huh? Pulling supper out of the freezer just seems boring to me. For real busy mom's freezer meals can be a life saver. I do understand that. I know we will give freezer meals a try here soon so we'll keep you posted.

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfast
Monday- Pan Pancakes & Blueberry Shake
Oatmeal w Raisins, Green Smoothie
Breakfast Burritos
Cream of Wheat Combo
Cereal
Mom is Great Breakfast Cake
Peanut Butter Honey Toast, Pears, Cottage Cheese

Lunch
Monday-Salad w black beans, fruit
Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Salad, fruit
Spaghetti, fruit, veggies
Beef Barley Soup, whole wheat bread
Rice & Veggie Stir Fry, Strawberry Peach Slushies
Leftovers
Potato Soup, Brownies

Snacks
Kettle Popcorn
Celery & peanut butter
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Putter Fingers
Banana w Peanut Butter

Supper
Monday-Round Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Carrots, Green Beans
Orange Chicken & Rice, Salad, Butterhorn Rolls
Baked Fish
, Tater Tots, Salad Peas
Parmesan Chicken, Spinach Rice Casserole, Corn
Leftovers
Popcorn Chicken, Corn Pudding, Green Beans, Chocolate Pudding
Visiting

Dessert
Cheesecake
Pumpkin Pie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home