Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baked Fish

From Jennifer Allen

I didn't grow up in a family that ate fish regularly. We had canned salmon and tuna. Other than that I thought eating fish meant a visit to Long John Silver. After my grandparents moved to Florida my Grandpa introduced us to eating fish fried, baked, or grilled. Orange Ruffy and Talupa were our beginning fair. I graduated to Bassa fish and Grouper. My Grandpa made some awesome fried Bassa fish. When he fixed it that's all we ate, plates of fish and his home made tarter sauce. It couldn't get any better than that!

Since Neil and I have been married I haven't used fish in our meals very much. Last week I found this simple recipe for baked fish from The Grocery Shrink ebook recipes. So far every recipe I've used from The Grocery Shrink has been good. They seem to be the normal Midwestern food that I'm used to. Oh, and my husband will eat the food. The fish recipe was a winner! We both loved it with these seasonings. Since they were baked I didn't have to watch them carefully like broiling the fish, and clean up was a cinch. I did melt my butter, brushed it on, then generously sprinkled on the seasonings. Ready for the recipe? Here it is:

Baked Fish
Place fish fillets in 13x9 pan. Dot with butter, sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and basil. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

It's that simple. Enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home