Friday, February 19, 2010

Fess Up Friday: Dirty Cloth Diapers



I decided to link up with Kendra at New Life On A Homestead blog, and fess up to not being the perfect housekeeper! For those who cloth diaper, you know that when the child has a poopy diaper, it must be dunked in the toilet (unless you are blessed to have a diaper sprayer, which I'm not. But my birthday is next month, hint hint to family reading this!). After cloth diapering for probably 4 years now, I must confess that I'm not always quick to get the dirty diaper dunked, hence my husband will walk in our bedroom where the changing table is and say "what's that smell?"

I think the worst moment was last week when my Mother In Law came over to watch our children. She was helping the children clean their room, and found a yucky diaper that had been sitting there overnight. :-( I was so tired the night before I just left it! Talk about being embarrsed! I am not the perfect housekeeper, though I do try. I have to say there is less dirty diapers sitting around than when I first started cloth diapering. Oops-I see a dirty diaper on my ironing board as I speak! Off to go clean it!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 19, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

We didn't use cloth diapers, but I can totally see myself doing the same thing!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

We cloth diaper, and I confess... I do the same thing! I really try to get the dirty ones into the diaper champ... but sometimes I just don't have time and it ends up sitting on top of the changing table, right where I left it, until the next diaper change. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At February 19, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Mrs. Doug said...

We used cloth diapers out of necessity. It is a lot more work, but so worth it when you consider the money and the amount each child is contributing to the landfill. I also loved hanging all those little diapers out on the line side by side.

 
At February 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I dont use a diaper sprayer or dunk - usually just plop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home