Friday, February 12, 2010

GNOWFGLINS



What a name! I didn't understand how it could be connected with eating healthy until I read what the initials stood for: God's Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season. I'm thrilled to have discovered this website that is offering the most excellent eCourse I have seen on eating healthy!


The book Nourishing Traditions has been in my hands several times, but I just can't wrap my brain around several natural cooking methods-like soaking grains before you bake muffins or bread. I am very much a visual person, some things have to be shown me before I can understand them. That's why I was thrilled to discover this Fundamental eCourse!


Wardeh Harmon is a Mom just like you and I who has been blessed with a wealth of information! She offers this eCourse from her own kitchen, there is nothing fancy to this eCourse but the information that is shared is so valuable as we try to feed our families!


What’s in the eCourse?

  • Overview: eCourse Overview
  • Lesson 1: The GNOWFGLINS Foundation
  • Lesson 2: How to Soak Whole Grains, Nuts and Seeds
  • Lesson 3: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods I
  • Lesson 4: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods II
  • Lesson 5: How to Soak and Cook Dry Beans
  • Lesson 6: How to Sprout Beans
  • Lesson 7: How to Cook a Chicken and Make Chicken Stock
  • Lesson 8: How to Make Skillet Dishes: A Dinner Formula
  • Lesson 9: How to Make Water Kefir
  • Lesson 10: How to Make Dairy Kefir
  • Lesson 11: How to Make Soft, Spreadable Cheese
  • Lesson 12: How to Make Sourdough Bread
  • Lesson 13: How to Sprout Whole Grains for Sprouted Grain Flour & How to Bake With Sprouted Grain Flour
  • Lesson 14: How to Make Natural Pickled Foods
This is all the basics that we need to feed our families! And she doesn't try to cram it all into several quick lessons, this eCourse is spread out over a 5 month period, with the cost being $27.00 a month, less than $10.00 a lesson! You couldn't go anywhere locally and recieve lessons on healthy cooking for this price! These are all the benefits that come from taking the course:

  • A simple plan that builds your healthy cooking skills incrementally – not too fast and not too slow. By the time we’re done, you’ll be a confident, successful, healthy cook.
  • My best advice on all topics related to traditional, healthy cooking – providing simple yet comprehensive answers to facilitate your mastery of the skills that will nourish you and your family.
  • Extensive multi-media tutorials that I won’t be sharing on my blog – my tutorials will help you see yourself doing the cooking; we all know that if you can dream it, you can do it.
  • Ingredient and equipment notes – you’ll find out the best, better and good choices for everything required, along with tips for where to find the best deals and who usually offers the healthiest choices.
  • Exclusive forums for accountability, advice, encouragement, and brainstorming – let us share your goals, pick you up when you’re stuck, and keep you feeling good about your food choices.
Something I have always wanted to do but never is soaking grains to make muffins. She offers a sneak peak at the course through this lesson on making muffins. The video she offers is really neat to watch! You can even print out the recipe and instructions!

Enrollment Period

The doors opened at 8 am PST on Friday, February 5, 2010.

Doors close at 5 pm PST on Monday, February 22, 2010.

If you want to go through this course, she is only taking a limited amount of people, and then she won't be doing this again for another six months!



Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I just found you through passionate homemaking! I looked in your store. Some cute stuff in there. What a great idea! I will be stopping in more to read a little here and there as time allows. Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home