Monday, February 8, 2010

The perfect snack for the pregnant Mama!


At the birth of my third child, my sister fixed this snack for me to have right after she was born. My midwife had some, and loved the recipe! She now gives it to all her pregnant mama's to fix, as she says they are excellent to eat especially during that yucky first trimester. They are full of protein, and carbs which are needed to keep up your energy during pregnancy. Of course, you don't have to be pregnant to enjoy these. My baby is six weeks old and I just fixed another batch of these. Enjoy!


Putter Fingers


½ cup melted butter

3 cups quick oats

1 cup honey

3 Tb. Carob powder (or cocoa)

¾ cup powdered milk

½ tsp. salt

2 tsp. vanilla

½ cup peanut butter

½ cup raisins

½ cup sunflower seeds

(optional: can omit the raisins and sunflowers seeds and add 1 cup of carob chips or chocolate ships. This is what I normally do.)

Combine melted butter and oats in a large bowl. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape with moist hands or a cookie scoop. Chill until firm. Store in closed container the refrigerator.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Darcy Carmichael said...

Any ideas on how I can make these without the powdered milk? We only use raw goat milk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home