Thursday, February 2, 2012

Braided Headband Tutorial

My hair is very straight and silky. It's hard to do a lot of hairstyles on unless I spend a lot of time and hairspray on it. :) I saw this simple braided headband tutorial on Pinterest and thought it looked really cute! So I gave it at try this week and it actually sort of turned out! 

I had to change the look a bit because I added a braid on the other side also. My hair wasn't long enough to tuck down behind my ear so I needed another braid to hide my ponytail holder and help hold the one side secure. 



This is how my braids turned out. I had been wearing them all day so some of my stray hairs are showing up! I enjoyed a change of hairstyles and wore this out to go grocery shopping. I received quite a few looks while I was out shopping - but I would guess the looks had more to do with my five young children with me and nothing whatsoever to my hair style. ;)



Yes I know the baby is even cuter than the braided headband! She is found in my arms pretty much all day so it's hard to get a picture without her in it. Who would want to do that anyway? :) 

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Cute braids! I might have to try that. Being able to blow dry my hair though is a struggle. I really want to know how you do it with your 5 little ones, especially going grocery shopping. I have a just turned 3 year old, a 19 mo. old, and a 5 mo. old (and a 15 and 14 year old), and I am really struggling. How do you go out with all of them? I haven't even tried that, so I am at home 5 days a week. How do you keep up house work while taking care of your newborn? Do you use a carrier or something and still manage to get things done? I could never get one of those to work for me. I feel soooo overwelmed and insanely stressed every single day.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Melissa,

I've only gone out twice with all five children by myself. It is stressful, but I'm slowly learning. :) I use a carrier at home most days, I have a Beco and a Sleepy Wrap that I like for newborns. Our house does not look perfect by any means, and my husband gave me a Christmas gift of someone coming in once a week to help clean the house (scrub bathrooms, ect.) for a month. Deborah is only a month old, so my expectations of a super clean house are still low. I also am learning that it just goes by really fast and to enjoy the time with her. But all that being said, we definitely have our stressful moments and times when I feel overwhelmed. :)

I went to Costco when I went grocery shopping, and they have large carts that hold two children. So my 3 and 2 year old went in the cart, my baby was in the Beco, and my 6 and 8 year old walked. It went better since several were contained. :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM , Anonymous Christina @ CurlsNPearls.com said...

Hi Caroline! I'm so thrilled that you tried out the braided headband and that it turned out so cute. I love that you added another braid as well. Lovely blog you have, glad to connect! :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Thank you! :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM , Anonymous Irene said...

Awww, your picture is so cute! (And my sweet little 4-mo-old daughter is named Caroline too!) :-D

 
At February 2, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

After having extremely short hair for more than a decade, I'm growing it back out. Posts like this one keep me going. I'm still in the incredibly ugly stage...not sure when that will end! THANKS.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Leigh Anne said...

Love your braid! I also have a one month old little girl who is our #5! Congratulations!
And my saying is, "the house will recover."

 
At February 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Suanna said...

I'm glad you are slowly finding a system for going out with the kids. I finally realized that in order for me to get all my grocery shopping done in a timely manner and come home with everything I need for a week I can't take all 5 of mine with me. The stress is too much. If I'm doing other shopping or just need a few things it's fine.

 
At February 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Raising Mighty Arrows said...

You and the baby both look great! Baby is cute as can be and the braids look very nice as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home