Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Money Saving Mom's Budget Book Review


I have been blessed to know the blogger behind Money Saving Mom since she was a teenager as we used to write letters to each other, and I subscribed to a Christian Young Ladies magazine she put out through the mail! It has been so amazing to watch how successful she has grown and how many lives she has helped.

When I heard she was writing a book I was thrilled! I was even more ecstatic when I was able to receive a pre-release copy of The Money Saving Mom's Budget to review, and I have really enjoyed reading it.

For those of you who are not familiar with Money Saving Mom, she is a Christian blogger who shares how to save money while not going insane about it. :) I have learned a lot from her tips over the years and appreciate all the resources she has freely shared.

If you regularly read her blog you might be thinking that you don't need to read the book as she just copied and pasted her blog into a book. I felt like reading the book went far beyond her blog and she shared more in depth on how to budget, save money, run a household, grocery shop (with and without coupons), etc.

My favorite chapter was "Are The Chaos and Clutter in Your Life Keeping You From Financial Success?" My husband actually bookmarked this and left a note for me to read it. Ha! There must be a message there. :) Yes, my husband is a perfectionist and I am not...and it reflects in our household. She had a lot of good tips and things to ponder on in that chapter that really convicted me.

Right now it is available to pre-order on Amazon and it will be shipped in about 3 weeks I believe. Do you want to know another very good reason why you should order this book? Because Crystal did an amazing thing and donated 100% of her profits from the book to Compassion International. So when you order this book you are not only blessing your family by learning how to budget your money better, you are also blessing children in need! When I read she was doing that I honestly was speechless for a minute.

If you are wanting to give this book as a gift to someone for Christmas, Crystal has gift cards available to print here if you pre-order the book. What a great idea!

Visit Our Lovely Sponsors and Affiliates! 

Sweet Little Blessings - Cloth Diapers and more 
CPT Fertility Products - A frugal resource for pregnancy and ovulation tests
Lilla Rose - Beautiful yet practical hair clips
Vision Forum - Godly Resources for your entire family  

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Kacie said...

I agree -- it's not a rehash of her blog! It's a helpful book for old readers and new ones alike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home