Monday, May 2, 2011

Mission Statement for Keeping My House Clean

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean


Today is the start of the homemaker's challenge which is based on "31 Days To Clean: Having a Martha House The Mary Way". I wasn't sure if I could start as I've been in bed all weekend with a horrible cold, but after looking at the challenge I knew I was up to it! Some may have started yesterday as that was May 1, but I will not be doing this on the weekends, and was relieved to discover that Sarah Mae said she wouldn't be planning on it either! :)


Today she challenged us to discover why exactly we want a clean house. She says in the book:

"If you do not own your reasons, you will be unmotivated and quite frankly, bored with the whole idea of persevering in cleaning."


For the Mary Challenge in the book, we are supposed to come up with a mission statement for why we want a clean house. This wasn't hard for me to do at all!


1. To bless my husband as he appreciates a clean house.


2. To show my children what order and harmony looks like and be a good example to them.


3. To have the house ready for company to drop by and not be embarrassed over how it looks.


4. To have more time to pursue playing with my children, hobbies, fun baking projects, etc.



For the Martha Challenge, I am supposed to take inventory of all my cleaning supplies.


I went and cleaned out the cabinet under my kitchen sink where I keep everything. I just invested in some new Shaklee cleaning products (check out this fantastic deal here under promotions) and so I was able to get rid of quite a few bottles, and really condense my cleaning supplies. Hurray! I have all the basics, the only thing I want to get is some more microfiber cleaning cloths. They work so well!


Do you have a vision of why you clean your house?





Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Wonderfully Chaotic said...

I'm doing this challenge too and will only be doing it through the week as well. :) I am loving the book so far!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Finding Joy said...

I'm reading the book but not doing the challenges. I might another time.

I keep my home clean as my husband loves a clean house and I am a neat freak!! And because my mother taught me that all Christian girls should have neat and tidy homes "what would happen if Jesus arrived at your house and it was in a mess". Its amazing the influences of mothers!!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger SRKindred said...

I am reading through this and doing the challenge as well - my Mary Challenge is listed the same as your's in the same order!! For the Martha Challenge, I'm so thankful to use only Shaklee's safe, natural cleaning supplies and toss all the reast of the clutter, harmful cleaners - filled with chemicals! www.srkindred.myshaklee.com

 
At May 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks. I didn't know about the challenge, but with a three year old and a two month old I definitely need motivation and help, lol! I am reminded of the parable of the talents. I want to not only take care of what God has blessed me with, but for it to grow beyond myself and my family to be shared with the world, to be able to present it back to my Father and Master with more than He originally gave me. I think homemaking, done properly and with the right motives can definitely reflect Christ to the world. I will be looking up the challenge :)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Lace up and Walk said...

My vision for a clean, organized home it to "Be Ready" for whatever may come my way. (as ready as I can be!) "Behold, your servant is ready to do whatever my Lord the Kings chooses." 1 Samuel 15:15

 
At May 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I love your mission statements!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home