Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A special Birthday Girl!

"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him"
1 Samuel 1:27

Carrianna Jewel, a few minutes old. My third child, our first daughter. You were born on your due date, which happened to be Easter Sunday, and you share a birthday with your Mama! How special is that? The Lord gave me a peaceful spirit when I gave birth to you. Your birth was the best yet, and I still marvel and praise God over that experience.


You have been blessed with two older brothers whom your parents love dearly. The Lord knew that your Mama dearly wanted a little polished cornerstone to raise, a precious daughter. He was so merciful when He sent you to us.

Our first birthday together!


Waiting for Papa to come home from work.


What joy you bring to this home! Your girly ways fill my heart with delight.


You welcomed your baby sister with such love and delight!


Your Papa is thrilled to have two daughters, and I know prays for many more!


I love to snuggle you, stroke your hair, and tell you that I love you. But those are just mere words. They can't begin to convey to you the depth of my feelings.

You were a balm to your Mammay's heart during her final days here on earth. She adored you, and couldn't wait to help teach you how to cook, and enjoy being modest and girly. I pray that I will be able to pass that all on to you myself. You have not forgotten your Mammay. Even still today as I fix your hair you talk of how Mammay did that, and how much you miss her.

Resting with Mammay.

Don't let the pretty dresses and bows fool anyone though, you love to play with your brothers! You tag along with them, and try to endure their rough and tumble play (notice the bruised eye?).


You keep us busy! Life with you is never a dull moment! Even while you destroy the nursery with baby powder, you stuck the hair bow in your hair to be cute while you did it!

My little Carrianna, you are growing fast. I pray that you will look back on your childhood days with fondness, and will never doubt your parents love for you, or more importantly your Heavenly Father's love for you.

May you grow up to be a virtuous young lady is my heart's prayer. In these days of "wars and rumors of wars" may you learn to be strong in your faith, valiant and true, never wavering. I pray that we will impart to you everything which is righteous and pure. We love you so much Carrianna!

Happy third Birthday!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Far Above Rubies said...

Caroline, this post touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Birthday to both of you.

God bless you,

Jasmine

 
At March 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Blogger The Shindels said...

Happy birthday to you both!! It is so strange to think about Easter Sunday 3 years ago and all of the emotions I was feeling that day. I was due with our first baby, a boy. It was God's amazing timing and grace to keep him in my womb a few more days so he could be flipped by God's hand to face the right direction and be aligned with my body so he could be born naturally. No one could have described the love that overcame me when I saw and held my son for the first time. I cried at God's kindness to us. Adon Jeremiah will be 3 on Saturday, and is truly a delight!! We should all have a HUGE birthday party!!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Anonymous Christy said...

ahhhh, that was a very heartwarming tribute to your little girl.

Happy Birthday Carrianna Jewel & Caroline!

Blessings,
Christy

 
At March 23, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

What a lovely post for my sweet adorable niece! I remember well the day she was born. Such excitement! She is a special blessing, and I look forward to celebrating this birthday with her. I love you Carrianna!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Jessica Kramasz said...

Beautiful.
Happy birthday to both of you.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!!That was a beautiful post and you are a wonderful Mother!

 
At March 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Caroline @ The Modest Mom said...

Thank you everyone for your comments!

 
At March 30, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Mrs. Debbie said...

So sweet! I love the picture with the baby powder! My mom has a picture of me sitting in the middle of my room which was covered in baby powder. I used the whole bottle!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Mrs. Skelton said...

I just had to comment on this post! :-) It really touched my heart! Beautiful mama you are to teach your daughters modesty! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home