Review and Giveaway Bulk Food!
I've given away a lot of things on this blog, but this is my first time to give away food, and I'm delighted to do so! More Than Alive is a fantastic company that sells bulk food and herbs, vitamins, berkey water filters, essential oils, books and more! I have ordered from this company in the past, and have always been quite pleased with how prompt the shipping was.
More Than Alive sent me some different bulk foods and herb teas to review. I wanted to highlight some of my favorite foods that they sell.
1. Baking Powder-Aluminum free - you might wonder why baking powder would be a favorite item of mine! I am very careful with the amount of aluminum products that our family either consumes or puts on our body, as my Great-Grandma had Alzheimer's for many years. She died when I was 17, and I have many memories of cleaning their house, and spending time with her, yet knowing she had no clue I was her granddaughter. My husband's Grandpa had the early stages of Alzheimer's before he passed away also. Aluminum has been suggested to have a direct link to Alzheimer's, and that is why I am so careful about it. Finding aluminum free baking powder can sometimes be a chore, so it is nice to know you can order it here! It bakes just the same as the baking powder with the aluminum in it.
2. Redmond Real Salt - Redmond real salt is just that, real salt! If you have only ever had the bleached white looking salt, you are in for a treat when you taste this. Our family will never go back to any other salt now that we are used to this. It tastes SO much better, and I don't think you have to use as much since it has such a good flavor. This salt comes from an ancient salt deposit near the town Redmond Utah, more than 150 miles from the Great Salt Lake. This salt is unrefined and free from any chemicals. Don't be surprised to see little speckles in it, that comes from over 50 natural trace minerals including iodine.
3. Organic Raisins - I am amazed over the difference between organic raisins, and the raisins you can buy in the store. These raisins are so much bigger, softer, and sweeter! We really enjoy eating these for snacks, and they work great in granola!
4. SOS For PMS tea - I seem to be either pregnant or nursing a lot, so I don't have time to suffer from PMS like some women. But the stories I have heard of women who do struggle with it make me shudder! This tea sounds fantastic to try if you struggle with PMS of any sort. It is made from Red Raspberry leaf, Peppermint leaf, Nettle leaf, Oatstraw, Alfalfa, Horsetail, Chaste Tree Berries, and Cinnamon Chips. I was amazed when they sent me tea how much just 1/4 pound was. You get a lot of tea!
You can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do. Please leave a way to contact you if you win. If you currently follow in one of these ways, that still counts as an extra entry, even if you did it a while ago. Just make sure you are still following in that way (i.e via email, facebook, etc.).
1. Follow More Than Alive on facebook!
2. Subscribe to More Than Alive Free Newsletter found on the right hand side of the website.
3. Subscribe to our blog via email.
4. Follow us on our blog using Google Friend connect!
5. Follow us on Facebook and leave a comment letting us know.
6. Share about this giveaway on your Facebook page, and leave a comment with the link.-earn 2 entries!
7. Follow us on Twitter and leave a comment letting us know you follow!
8. Blog about this giveaway and leave the link.-2 extra entries (leave two comments saying you did this).
9. Place our NEW Modest Mom button on your blog (please replace the old one you might have) and earn TWO extra entries for doing so!
This giveaway will end Monday, February 7th at midnight, and a winner will be posted the following morning. We will notify the winner and they will have 36 hours to respond! Open to US Only.
This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own. Thank you to More Than Alive who supplied the product for the review and giveaway.