Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Monthly Homemaking/Crafting Plan

Since joining Pinterest last year, I have a huge list of projects I would like to do! I knew if I made a list and focused on one thing a month, and also had accountability on my blog that I would probably get some projects done. So here is my list, which I will be updating at the end of each month sharing with you how the project turned out!

January

A few months ago I purchased a Canon Rebel XS. I love using it, but I want to learn how to use all of the features and be able to take it off the auto button to shoot pictures. With a newborn in the house this will be the perfect month to experiment with it, and read up on ISO, Aperture, and all that fun stuff! I'll post some pictures if any turn out halfway decent! 

Here are some websites I plan to read and learn from.




February 


Something I have always wanted to make but never tired is Challah Bread. So this will be the month to try it! I might use this recipe here unless someone else shares a better recipe with me. :) I think braiding the bread looks fun! 

March

Since our oldest daughter will turn four this month, I know I will be doing some sort of sewing project for her birthday, whether it is a dress, skirt or jumper. 

April


With Spring here I'm always in the mood to start sewing some new clothes! This dress has been on my list to sew for a while now, and it looks like it would be easy to nurse in! I'm going to buy the pattern and sew it up this month.

May


This is the month to make these super easy looking fabric flowers! Can't you picture these worn pinned on a shirt, clipped in your hair, or several bunched together at the waist of a dress? So cute! 

June


I'm going to learn how to make liquid hand soap using a bar of Mrs. Meyers soap! 

July

Learn how to make cream pies-specifically coconut cream pie for my husband! 

August


Make Frozen Hashbrowns from scratch. 


September





October



November


Make a Pumpkin Roll.  I've never made one before! 


December


Make Whoopie Pies


If any of you have any craft/homemaking projects planned for this year I'd love to have you share what they are! 








Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 at 5:22 AM , Anonymous Deborah Jones said...

I like your list. I haven't complied mine yet. But it involves making earrings again (which I used to do) and possibly learning how to letter press cards for gifts and things. Love your blog by the way.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! I too have a list of Home Made adventures to try in 2012....thanks to Pinterest;-) My list includes, vanilla extract, sock snowmen, cloth napkins, soap, sundresses, fruit leather, milk shakes, can peaches, cowboy candy, glass etching, air fresheners and caramels. I have never made a pumpkin roll either but can't wait to see how you make yours!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the dress you are making in April. Be sure and post pictures!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

This list is such a fantastic idea! I hope if you don't mind me copy-catting (wait, is that a word?) over on my blog. I'll have to do some planning. Love, love pumpkin rolls. I make one every year and it's my family's favorite.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Jaime @ Like a Bubbling Brook said...

I love your list, Caroline! I posted my goals today, too.

When you figure out your camera, please share some tips. We have the Canon Rebel t2i and I can only use the macro setting. I'm just awful at it!

Can't wait to hear more about your projects!

Jaime

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I've never tried the challah recipe you listed but I have tried this one and its amazing!!
http://www.tammysrecipes.com/challah
Actually I've tried many of her recipes and they are all fantastic!!! The recipe link I shared she even shows you how to braid a 4 and 6 strand load, so pretty!!!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger A Restful Place said...

I can't wait to see how all these turn out! :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

As a young lady still in high school, I am so encouraged by your blog! Your devotion to your children, husband, and our great God is a blessing to read about and prods me to be more devoted to Him. Your list is so cool! I don't really have a month-by-month list, but I'm working on a patchwork quilt presently that I want to have done by the end of February, and then I have a few skirts and dresses to make for Spring/Summer. In Christ, Ruth

 
At January 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Prof. Hannah said...

I absolutely love the dress you are planning on making!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Stacy said...

I love that dress. Is it specifically for nursing? Do you think you will add it to your store?

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

What a great idea to do the things you want to love it!!! If braiding bread is anything like braiding homemade pretzels, ugh!! I have made Paula Dean's pumpkin roll cake after seeing her make it on her show, it is wonderful, but a little time consuming. Well worth it, if you can.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done the wheat thins and my kids gobbled them up before I had any to store away so you might want to double the recipe..I have also made plenty of coconut cream pies and they are super easy and oh so good!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM , Blogger The Wofford family said...

We use this recipe but braid it into 4 3-strand loaves and it is the best bread I've ever eaten (and this comes from a true carbaholic)!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/shabbat-challah/detail.aspx

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Karen @dixielandcrafts said...

Great list and idea! I'm going to go back through my list of things I want to do or create on pinterest. Then make my own monthly project list. Thanks for the inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home