Thursday, November 18, 2010

To The Cross I Go...

Christian wallpaper background cross sky 63,000 plus views

As a new bride submission is a word that sounds easy to do.

This is an exciting journey and you are elated to be walking this road together. You are madly in love with your husband, everything he asks of you sounds lovely to do.

And then a few years pass. Several children have been added to your family, some heartaches have happened in your life. It could be a lost job, sickness, Church Problems, Extended Family Problems, or even a death in your family.

Suddenly you wake up one day and realize that you are tired. And the thought of submitting is overwhelming.

I have found this to be happening in my life lately. I am weary, discouraged, and lonely for my dearest Mother. My flesh just wants to scream out, and tell my family to leave me alone and let me mourn.

And then my husband brings me a hard thing, and asks me to submit...I rail inside and ask "why me?" My heart doesn't want to do it, but my head knows it is a Godly decision.

I find that I am being led in one direction through my struggling.

To the Cross.

I kneel there and lay down all my selfish thoughts and actions, and give them to Jesus. And then I do it the next day and the next hour and the next minute. Because it never ends. My flesh is weak, and even though I surrender it all, my inward wrestling's have a way of coming back again, and again, and again.

Who will go to the Cross with me today? Will you lay down your hopes and dreams, and pick up the desires of the Lord for you and live for Him? Today, will you choose to follow your husband, even though it may be hard? I have a feeling that we cannot begin to comprehend how blessed we will be one day if we sincerely give our all to this life. There is no higher calling for us as women than to be wives and mothers. Let us embrace it, with all of the indescribable joys and utter heartbreaking sorrows that come.

Lead me to the Cross....


In the Cross of Christ I Glory
Tow'ring o'er the wrecks of time,
All the light of sacred story
Gathers round its head sublime

When the woes of life e'er take me,
Hopes deceive and fears annoy,
Never shall the cross forsake me:
Lo! it glows with peace and joy.

When the sun of bliss is beaming
Light and love upon my way,
From the cross the radiance streaming
Adds new luster to the day.

Bane and blessing,
Pain and pleasure,
By the cross and sanctified:
Peace is there that knows no measure,
Joys that through all time abide.

Hymn written by John Bowring

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Sarah Winson said...

beautiful post! thank you so much!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Gabe said...

Thank you for your post, and your honesty! I've been struggling with this too. To the cross I go!

Blessings to you!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Anonymous Erica Meyer said...

Wow! This brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing your tender heart!

 
At November 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Blogger mkcscott said...

Absolutely what I needed today. Thanks so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home