Monday, July 26, 2010

The Banana Breads Marathon

When I did my grocery shopping this week I stopped at Aldi's. They had these bananas on sale for .25 a pound. They were perfect for banana bread. I went over to the Tasty Kitchen to find three different banana bread recipes.

Here I found the recipes and divided the bananas. Two of the recipes I was going to double.

After I was finished with this marathon baking I had seven loaves of banana bread. Yes, I did say seven. I'm excite to share these with family, bring to our church potluck, and still have a few in the freezer.

We had a taste testing of the recipes when all the loaves were cool. Here are the recipes I used:

And the winner was...The Moistest Banana Bread....Ever! This is the best banana bread I have ever had. This recipe has two stars, awesome!, and a smiley face on the recipe. Needless to say, we liked it. :-)

The runner up was Grandma Betty's recipe. With the Banana Apple bread I was trying to use up my whole wheat stone ground flour. It is a very heavy course wheat flour and I think it was just too heavy for the recipe. That bread turned out dry. All in all it was a very successful banana bread marathon. I had fun and we have plenty of yummy bread to share.
From Jennifer Allen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home