Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan for Week of July 5th

I spent some time looking through my pantry and freezer a few days back. My goal was to revamp our menus to healthier habits but at the same time still use the food we already have in our home. I knew we needed to switch to using whole wheat grains for everything we eat. That would include our pasta, burrito shells, muffins, and more. We need to eat more fresh fruits and veggies, cut out so much dairy, yet get in all the protein we need. Besides all this the meals need to taste good so my husband won't want to bolt from the dinner table in protest. Is this possible?

I think I came up with a good starting menu for us. The meals that have a page number from them are from the Naturally Healthy Cuisine book by Shonda Parker and Vickilynn Haycraft. I am eating things like blueberries and a walnut mix for snacks, instead of a starch. Oh, I love starch! I have a green drink or a smoothie each day and get in my eight glasses of water. I can already tell a difference in how I feel. It really is a blessing!

Breakfast
Whole Wheat pancakes, hashbrowns, blueberries
Oatmeal, Breakfast Parfaits pg. 112
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Toast Cake pg 111, fruit, scrambled eggs
Whole grain cereal, milk
Cantaloupe, whole wheat toast, peanut butter, non-fat yogurt
Cranberry Cornmeal pancakes, almond butter, fruit salad
Scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, peanut butter, fruit
Lunch
PB&J sandwich, fruit, veggies
Red Pepper & Tomato Soup, salad, fruit
Salad w Garbanzo beans, Cottage Cheese, fruit
Baked chicken wraps, fruit
Leftovers
Salad w black beans, fruit
Visiting
Supper
Grilled cheese Sandwich, Tomato Soup, fruit, carrots, Green Smoothie
Taco Bake pg 115, Salad, fruit
Whole Wheat mac N Cheese w Tuna pg 114, White pearl onions and peas, carrots, fruit
Broiled Fish, Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf, fruit, green beans
Whole Wheat Bean Burritos, veggies, fruit, Pumpkin Muffins
Visiting
Hamburgers, Salad, mixed veggies, fruit
Snacks
Apple
Celery w peanut butter
Walnut Mix
Blueberries
Bananas

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Keli said...

I wish I could come up with a menu like yours that my hubby would eat! Your menu sounds good to me, but I doubt hubs would eat it.

Have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home