Thursday, June 10, 2010

Modest Maternity & Nursing Swim Suits

I love to go swimming. My grandparents lived in Tampa, Florida for a number of years after they retired. We would go down to visit them as a family, or I would fly down and visit them myself. There are some beautiful beaches and more swimming pools than I had ever seen in Florida. I have come to the conclusion that I enjoy the clean pools over the Tampa Bay or Gulf of Mexico to swim in. Through the years I did make another discovery. It can be difficult to find modest swimwear!

My favorite website that had a listing of modest swimsuits has been deleted, so I decided to do some research and come up with my own list. I put together list for Modest Maternity and Nursing Swimsuits, Modest Swim Suits, Girl's Modest Swimsuits, and Men and Boys Swim Trunks and Shirts. I will be posting the list of these different resources over the next few days.

I'll begin with some companies I found that offer modest maternity and nursing swim suits.
The Modest Mom may not be in agreement with the entire contents of each site listed. It is left to your discernment to glean what will be of help to you and your family. Each family has different ideas as to what is modest swimwear. These postings will not be addressing what is or what is not modest with swimsuits.

It is possible to buy a swimsuit that looks modest on top but you may want to be more covered on the bottom. You could then buy some swim trunks or a swim skirt to wear over the swimsuit and make it more modest. This is one idea to share. You could wear a swimsuit with your own pair of shorts over the top. Check the clothing policies if you will be swimming in a pool. Many pool owners will not allow clothing shorts.
If there is a company you can recommend, or a business you own yourself to be added to the list please contact us at: Caroline@TheModestMom.com with the name and link to the company. We will consider that site to be added to the resource list. Thank You.

Simply Modest Swimwear They have swimsuit patterns, ready made swimsuits, and custom made swimsuits

Stitchin’ Times makes nursing swimsuits

Cami Swimwear maternity

Swim Modest! Will make custom swim suits

From Jennifer Allen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home