Monday, May 24, 2010

Menu Plan for Week of May 24th



Our Sunday's are always open to a change in plans. Yesterday family was persuaded to stay and we sprang into quick action for supper. We had the most delicious potato soup from my mother-in-law. She made it with already baked potatoes, cream, bacon bits, and green onions. (I need the recipe!) We had muffins, whole wheat bread, and some wonderful oranges. I decided to go ahead and fix our dessert for the week, Pumpkin Pie Cake. I tried tweaking the recipe by adding the butter and cake mix together to see if I could get it to be like a crumble on top. That was a royal mess so I'll stick to the recipe for now on. It is wonderful to have menu plans, food on hand, and be prepared to make changes on the spot as needed. It is a blessing to work together and enjoy an afternoon and evening of fellowship and rest with family. Now let the busy week begin. I'm ready. :-)

Breakfast
Monday- Bagels & fruit
Eggs & Toast

Oatmeal
Waffles, Blueberries, Yogurt
Favorite Pancakes, fruit
Cream of Wheat Combo, Cottage Cheese, fruit
Cereal

Lunch
Monday- Chicken & Noodles w Mashed Potatoes, Salad
PB&J, fruit, veggies
Salad w black beans, fruit
PB&J sandwich, Salad, fruit
Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice
Leftovers
English Muffin Pizzas

Snacks
Apple w peanut butter
Chocolate Butterhorn Rolls
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Peaches

Supper
Monday-Spaghetti Pie, Garlic Bread, Green Beans, Carrots
Chicken Casserole, Corn on Cob, Banana Muffins, Salad
Baked Ziti, Carrots, Herb Roasted Potatoes
Leftovers
Chicken Tetrazzini, Stuffing, Peas, Corn
Southwest Rollups, Mexican Rice, Corn
Taco Salad

Dessert:

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Home's Where My Heart Is said...

I am so glad to have found your ladies' blog. I frequent the Ladies Against Feminism blog and came across your blog just today.

I have a column on my blog on Monday's called "Mom's Standing Together for Modesty" and have been overwhelmed by the number of women who have stood up with me and supported modesty.

I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Thank you,

Erin Bishop
http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home