Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan for Week of April 19th


Weekly Menu Plan
I was sitting at the computer working on this week's menu plan when my husband walked by. I complained to him that I was tired of eating the same things. I would like more variety. He stared at me, thought a minute, then told me he didn't know what I was talking about. We don't eat the same things over and over. Okay. I.will.not.complain. I guess my main dishes are varied but I fix breakfast items and side dishes in a monthly blur. So I want to shake things up a bit (Did I scare you honey? I promise not to start us on a raw foods diet. Really.) but not too much. After all, my hubby's not complaining!


In the last few weeks I have been making double batches of some food then sticking it in the freezer for meals at a later date. So far I have a Pizza sitting in there, Chicken Spaghetti, Spaghetti sauce, Four Cheese Spaghetti, and Pumpkin pie filling. I'm finding it is a wonderful way to have a meal on hand for a busy evening, or unexpected company. Yesterday we had family stay over for the afternoon. Then it was decided they would stay for supper as well. We each shared food for lunch but supper was unplanned. For the crew of 10 here I decided on Four Cheese Spaghetti, Spinach, Pears, and Stove Top Stuffing. It was simple but filling. I made a huge batch of the Four Cheese Spaghetti. I had enough left over to fill a 13x9 pan. Perfect, a meal already made! Now I'm ready for the busy week ahead!


From Jennifer Allen


Breakfast
Monday- Breakfast Burritos
Whole wheat waffles
, blueberries
Cereal
Cream of Wheat Combo
Cereal
Favorite Pancakes w Blueberry Sauce
Egg Sandwiches, Applesauce, Cottage Cheese

Lunch
Monday- Potato soup, Green Smoothie, carrot sticks
Tomato Soup, whole wheat bread, veggies
Salad w black beans, fruit
Leftovers
PB&J sandwich, Salad, fruit
Visiting
Chicken Enchiladas, Corn on Cob, Mexican Rice

Snacks
Apple w peanut butter
Putter Fingers
Popcorn
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Supper
Monday- Three Cheese Garlic Chicken Pasta, Spinach Rice Casserole, Corn
Four Cheese Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Baked Corn Casserole, Green Beans
Chicken Pot Pie, Peaches, Salad
Quiche, Salad, fruit
Chicken Spaghetti, Baked Sweet Potato Casserole, Salad
Visiting
Leftovers

Dessert
Peanut Butter Crispy Balls
Pumpkin Pie Cake

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home