Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Plan for Week of April 12th

Last week I was again realizing what a blessing it is to have menu plans. Not only does it save money on groceries since you aren't in the store guessing what food you will need, it is very helpful in keeping everyday life running smoothly.

Just so you all know, I do not stick to my menu plan in a rigid manner. I'm very flexible although yes these are the meals we eat in week. It is a general plan. By that I mean if I have spinach that needs used asap, then we will have the creamed spinach over salmon patties on Monday instead of Friday. I always work with what I have in the fridge or pantry. If it looks like a veggie is going bad quicker than I planned on, that portion of a meal may get changed with a side from another meal. If I planned on the steak meal on Monday but we will have a very busy evening and need to leave home, then I would decide to do something like the Stir Fry veggies supper instead in that night since it will go so much quicker.

Since I am scheduled but flexible in the meals it makes life so much easier. It's not the end of the world on Monday night if I forgot to thaw out the steak. I'll fix another meal on our plan then thaw the steak and have it the next night. So yes, get your meals planned, but give yourself some breathing room as well in there. Then have fun cooking!

P.S. Speaking of steak, if you have never had marinated steak you need to try this recipe! I'm not a big fan of steak normally but this truly is the Best Steak Marinade in Existence. If you have one better than this, let me know!


Breakfast
Monday- Muffins & Cottage Cheese
Cream of Wheat & Applesauce
Oatmeal & Yogurt
Cereal
Bread, Egg, & Potato, Yogurt
Bagels, Cottage Cheese, Applesauce
Cereal

Lunch
Monday-Mac N Cheese w Tuna, fruit
PB & J, Juice Jello, Corn Chips
Leftovers
Baked Potatoes w Broccoli & Cheese, Applesauce
Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Applesauce, Veggies
Leftovers
Potluck: Pumpkin Pie Cake, Veggie Tray

Snacks
Popcorn
Apples & Peanut Butter
Cheese & Crackers
Putter Fingers
Bananas

Supper
Monday- Marinated Steak, Rolls, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Corn
Plaza III Steak Soup, Yams in Orange Sauce, Pudding
Visiting
Stir Fry veggies & Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Salad
Simple Chili, Herbed Potatoes, Yogurt Cornbread, Salad
Leftovers
Creamed Spinach Over Salmon Patties, Green Beans, Corn

Dessert
Granny’s Sugar Cookies

From Jennifer Allen

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Blogger jo@blog-diggidy said...

mmmmm..yams in orange sauce, i love that!! looks like a great week to be living at your house!! ;)

 
At April 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Jennifer Allen said...

Yams and Sweet Potatoes used to be at the bottom of "what I want to eat" list. I've learned to like them. Yams in Orange Sauce and Sweet Potato casserole help a lot! Besides that, they are great for women to be eating. :-)

 
At April 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking meal plan! The steak soup sounds scrumptious!

Have a great week!
Sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home