Monday, April 5, 2010

The Pioneer Woman Cooks Menu Plan

The Pioneer Woman Cooks Menu Plan

From Jennifer Allen

At Christmas I was given The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook. I was going to enjoy trying out some of the recipes a few at a time. I knew my husband would appreciate the results. Midwest food with plenty of meat and potatoes, now that’s a husband happy menu! I was interrupted in my plan to go through all the recipes by my “eat from the freezer and pantry” plan. This week I decided to take a look at The Pioneer Woman recipes to see what would work with what I have on hand. So here you are, A Pioneer Woman Menu Plan. I have abbreviated her recipes to PW. For those of you who don’t own her cookbook, don’t worry. It just happened that almost single recipe I picked out from the cookbook is already posted on her website. You’ll get step by step instructions and photos. You can’t go wrong there! So enjoy this week’s menu, it’s going to be good!

Breakfast
Monday-PW Cinnamon Rolls & Eggs
Baked Oatmeal, fruit
Pan Pancakes & Green Smoothie
Peanut Butter Honey Toast, Pears, Cottage Cheese
Cream of Wheat Combo, fruit
Oatmeal w Raisins
Cereal

Lunch
Monday-PB&J Sandwich, Salad, Strawberries
Beef Barley Soup, whole wheat bread
Egg Salad Sandwiches, fruit, veggies
Salad w black beans, fruit
Leftovers
Visiting
Potluck: Pizza, Sour Cream Cherry Cheesecake

Snacks
Kettle Popcorn
Celery & peanut butter
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Apple w Peanut Butter

Supper
Monday-Baked Fish, Baked Potatoes, Garlic Bread, Salad
PW Tomato Soup, PW Mac N Cheese, Salad
PW Chicken Spaghetti, Baked Sweet Potato Casserole, Salad
Visiting
PW Twice Baked Potatoes, Salad, Vanilla Pudding, PW Cheese Grits
PW Comfort Meatballs, PW Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Visiting

Dessert
PW Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce
Chocolate Cupcakes

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 5, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yum!~ Awesome looking meal plan! I have to say that I haven't met a PW dish that I didn't like.

 
At April 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

I love PW's website!
Everything sounds really good. Hope you have a great week!

 
At April 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

Your right. I haven't fixed one of her recipes yet that didn't taste great. I love the way she post her recipes, step by step photos. I'm a visual person with learning and once I see something I'm good to go. When I make my menu plans I don't follow them in order, ie making the baked fish Monday and so on. I decide each day what will work best. Today is rainy and colder here so I think I'll start with the Tomato Soup!
Have a great week as well. I know I will. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home