OK, can you tell by the title I'm just a wee bit excited about this review and giveaway?! I can not even begin to tell you how many times the ergo baby carrier
has helped me get through my day. As a Mother to four children six and under, I have had many l-0-n-g days with the baby crying, the toddler begging to be held, the older children restless, and I want to go to bed and take a nap! But as we all know, that isn't possible. I knew about the concept of wearing your baby with my first child, and I tried. And tried, and tried again. All I had was a ring sling, and I just couldn't figure it out without being in a lot of pain trying to carry him around. As he got older, wasn't easy to wash dishes with him right there in front!
Along comes my second son, almost exactly two years later. I was exhausted, and would collapse in bed every night hoping for a good night's sleep, but knowing I had to be up several times to nurse my little boy. My baby was like most babies, he wanted to be held a lot. And if he wasn't being held, he would fuss until he was picked up! When he was around 3 months, I received an Above Rubies magazine in the mail, and there was an article in there sharing about the Ergo Baby Carrier
. After reading it, I asked my husband if I could buy a carrier to try. There was a place online where they gave a 30 day back money guarantee, so I knew I could return it if I didn't like it. After trying it, the ergo was never returned. :-) I have since used an ergo baby carrier for my other two children, and during my last pregnancy tried carrying my little girl in it while pregnant. NOT suggested, I was just desperate! I can't imagine living without an ergo, and my husband and I agree that if needed, we would buy an ergo baby carrier brand new for each and every baby if needed. I use it *that* much.
What is so special you might ask about this carrier? It doesn't hurt my back. Or my shoulders. I have found the trick is to have the carrier straps adjusted just perfect, and then I can carry my babies for a long time without being uncomfortable. My babies love the carrier, and many is the time that I will put a fussy baby in the carrier and they will go to sleep!
So down to the technical items of the carrier:
Standard Baby Carrier Features
- Ergonomic design
- 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood
- 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
- Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
- High Quality buckles tested by SGS
- Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43"
- Fits from 5' to 6'5" body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length to growth of baby
- High quality webbing, matched to carrier color
- Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections
- Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
- Machine washable - cold, gentle cycles, mild detergent, no bleach. Dry in low heat
This baby carrier has an ergonomic design which supports the baby's hip, pelvis, and spine growth. It disperses most of the weight between the baby's hips and thighs. The ergo baby carrier also distributes the baby's weight to parents hips and shoulders, and does a nice job of evenly distributing the weight!
I was sent a tan baby carrier to review, and the fabric is of such high quality, that it looks like it will hold up for a very long time! I have washed the ergo a few times, and they always come out still in great condition, and the dirt washes out nicely!
If you have limited funds for baby items, I would honestly advise someone picking out what to buy to purchase an Ergo baby carrier over a exersaucer, baby walker, and possibly even over a baby swing! It is so good for your babies to be held by you. They have been in your womb for 9 months, they still need lots of snuggling from their mama especially.
I am THRILLED that ERGO baby carrier is giving an original carrier to one blessed reader!! To enter, go to the ERGO baby site, and pick out what color you would like in the original line of carriers priced at $105.00. Come back here and leave me a comment.
NOTE: THERE ARE NEW WAYS TO EARN EXTRA ENTRIES!!
You can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do.
1- Subscribe to our blog via email.
2. Follow us on our blog using Google Friend connect!
3. Follow us on Facebook and leave a comment letting us know.
4. Share about this giveaway on your facebook page, and leave a comment with the link.-earn 2 entries!
5. Follow us on Twitter and leave a comment letting us know you follow!
6. Blog about this giveaway and leave the link.-2 extra entries (leave two comments saying you did this).
7. Place our NEW Modest Mom button on your blog (please replace the old one you might have) and earn TWO extra entries for doing so!
PLEASE leave a separate comment each time you do one of the above. The comments are closed on this post, just use the form below to enter. We never share your email addresses with anyone, which is why we use the form to keep them private!
This giveaway will end Thursday, September 30th at midnight, and a winner will be posted the following morning.We will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond! Open to US Only.
This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own. Thank you to ERGO baby carrier who supplied the product for the review and giveaway.
Labels: Giveaways, Reviews