Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan for week of March 1st


From Jennifer Allen

These next two weeks we are still eating out of the pantry and freezer. I actually plan my menu's in two week blocks. When I plan my menus I take a look at my pantry, freezer, and fridge to see what I already have on hand. I check the on sale items for the coming week at my local grocery stores. Or if I haven't had time to do that I plan on hitting my Aldi's for the bulk of my food, and my HyVee or Price Chopper for a few items they won't carry at Aldi's. When food is on sale for a great deal I will stock up on those items and use them for future menu plans. I pull out my recipe file and cookbooks to decide what I can cook based on what I have on hand. I get all the recipes together and check to see what item I will need to buy to make it. That will be my grocery list. I add some staples I know we will need like milk, butter, etc. and I'm ready to go. This is working well for me and I hope to get better and better at keeping in my monthly food budget! Since we have so much still here at home I was able to get by with spending $43 dollars for two weeks of grocery's. I was very happy with that result of our shopping!

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfast
Monday- Cream of Wheat combo & Strawberry Yogurt
Baked Oatmeal & Applesauce
Apple Harvest Pancakes, Blueberry Shake
Cereal
Pan Pancakes, Blueberry Shake
Denny's French Toast, Cottage Cheese
Cereal

Lunch
Monday-Spaghetti, Salad
Salad w black beans, fruit
PB&J sandwich, veggies, fruit
Beef Barley Soup, Whole Wheat Bread
Egg Salad sandwich, fruit, veggies
Leftovers
Tuna salad sandwiches, veggies, fruit

Snacks
Mom’s Crescent rolls
Popcorn
Celery & peanut butter
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Putter Fingers

Supper
Monday-Easy Chicken Bake, chocolate pudding, cranberry pudding
Fettuccine Alfredo, Green Beans, Corn, Garlic Bread
Chicken & Rice, Salad, cranberry sauce
Leftovers
Visiting
Pizza, Salad
Quiche, Green Beans, Baked Corn Pudding
Leftovers

Dessert
Cheesecake

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home