Monday, March 26, 2012

Modest Mondays {and a Link Up!}


Saturday we went to my mother-in-law's house and had a birthday party for my daughter and I, as we share a birthday together! The photos below are from the party. If I look tired in the first picture it's because I was. It had been a long day by the time we snapped these photos. :)


What I wore:

Pink Knit Top-I bought at a local consignment store last year
Cream Layering Shell- The Modest Mom Store
Black Skirt - Goodwill (or my sister who still blesses me with hand me downs! I can't remember...)
Black Sandals-Walmart
Necklace: The Vintage Pearl
Scarf: pink roses

The black skirt is about as short as I wear. When I'm bending down talking to children, and on the floor playing with them I just can't go any shorter and still feel modest. 


My necklace is special to me. My husband gave me a gift certificate to The Vintage Pearl for Valentines Day. I had wanted this necklace for several years, so I was excited to get it! I picked one that has an old fashioned key on it, and I had engraved "Sean holds the key to my heart" on the necklace. :) 


My sweet daughters and I at the party! Carrianna ( our oldest daughter who is sitting in the rocking chair) and I share a birthday. I can't believe how big Deborah is getting already! 

Link Up Time!

Please feel free to share posts about anything concerning being a godly feminine woman. Topics include:   modesty, being a wife, mother, homeschooler, homemaker, cooking, sewing, ect.
Please no business link ups! Thank you!





 

Growing Homepleated poppy






Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2012 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Kasey @ TFOMplus2 said...

Happy birthday to you AND your little one!!

 
At March 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Head Ant said...

Happy birthday to you and your lovely daughter! Love all the pink (and Deborah's yellow, too).

 
At March 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Miranda said...

You seriously have great clothes! I live in a community where wearing skirts and dresses is the norm and I still struggle with finding good skirts to buy! If only I could sew, lol!

 
At March 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Shanda said...

Nice! I love skirts.
I'm linking for the first time.
I have an On your Heart Tuesday blog hop and would love to have you come link up.

 
At March 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Thank you once again for hosting Modest Mondays!

Cindy @ Apron Strings and Apple Trees

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home