Monday, March 19, 2012

Modest Mondays {and a Link Up!}


Here in Missouri the weather has turned lovely. With it, however, has come the ritual shedding of clothes. Lots of sports bras, tank-tops, looow cut necklines and hiiigh cut shorts. Stay strong ladies! Don't let the warmer weather sway you into donning that pair of shorts and sleeveless nothing you used to wear :) It would be such a blessing for you to be seen in a long skirt, holding to your convictions even when the weather is warmer. Someone out there is bound to be encouraged by your example in this. I know I am when I see such ladies out and about! 


Today's outfit for Modest Monday is a little blah I admit. This outfit really needs some color! I had on a red scarf, but in the midst of changing dirty diapers and nursing my baby I had to take it off. I LOVE my new hat though!



Dress: Moody Mamas Nursing Dress

Layering Shell: Cropped shell which makes it easy to nurse in!

Sandals: Earth Spirit black sandals

Hat: Cloche style hat by Izod. I bought it off of Zulily and it is actually still available on there if you search for Izod. Love it! Here is a similar one on Amazon.



I feel a bit like Marrianne from Sense and Sensibility when I wear a hat (even if its not from the same time period :) Such fun! 


Link Up Time!

Please feel free to share posts about anything concerning being a godly feminine woman. Topics include:   modesty, being a wife, mother, homeschooler, homemaker, cooking, sewing, ect.
Please no business link ups! Thank you!



pleated poppy









14 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Chelsey S. said...

Such a cute hat! You look wonderful. Thank you for hosting another wonderful link up. Enjoy the warm weather!

 
At March 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Anonymous Kristy @ Little Natural Cottage said...

Caroline, you look so ADORABLE!! I LOVE your hat. :) Thanks for sharing, and thanks for hosting such a lovely link-up.

 
At March 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Michele said...

Oh, you are so correct! Even my 18 year old made a comment that she could tell summer was coming by the outfits the girls in her youth group were wearing. Sad, but true. I tell my girls that we can share our bodies by just what we wear. NOT what I want for my girls! Love that you encourage modesty...thank you for setting such a good example and reminder to us all.

 
At March 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous jodi said...

a colored form-fitting Tee would better suit the cheery lady I'm sure you are. Good idea about skipping the scarf, as it'd be a lot of fabric with the sweeping skirt(might appear too fussy). Your hat IS adorable! I'd also go with a sweet dainty necklace to soften all the black.

 
At March 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Meghan Carver said...

Thank you for sharing your photos every Monday -- they have been inspirational and encouraging to me. I love your statement in this post -- "Stay strong ladies!" Thanks for all your efforts!

 
At March 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Lisa Suit said...

I LOVE your hat, you look so pretty in it! I unfortunately do not look good in hats, or I would have to get one just like it! :)

 
At March 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Anonymous Stephanie L said...

I just wanted to compliment your hat - it is darling! And...although I am not a skirts only girl, there is NOTHING like a long cottony skirt in hot weather! Something about the swishiness of it - I think it's one of the breeziest ways to go. :)

 
At March 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a link for that dress? I would love to get one while I am nursing. Thank you
Jessica

 
At March 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Head Ant said...

I love the hat! Now I will have to check out Zulily, as well as Lilla Rose, because I can't wear a hat with the clip I have in now.

 
At March 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Loved by an almighty God, Lena said...

I love the dress. I nurse and have not yet gotten myself any nursing dresses. I miss wearing dresses. I think it would be really pretty with a floral shirt under it. Your hat is so cute!!!

 
At March 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Lois from Rhubarb Central said...

I have just come to your blog for the first time! Great blog! A very timely subject...modesty.
Here, in Ontario the weather has also become gorgeous, and unseasonably mild.
Hats are becoming much more fashionable these days, especially with the concern of too much sun exposure.
Wish that more people were as concerned about exposing the rest of their bodies...!
Many great posts here...
Thanks!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

I love the dress and the hat! I have trouble finding modest but not frumpy clothes, being over weight and under tall. But I LOVE hats!! I've worn them for 34 years -- ever since my hair fell out!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I really appreciate your encouraging words, "Stay strong ladies! Don't let the warmer weather sway you into donning that pair of shorts and sleeveless nothing you used to wear :) It would be such a blessing for you to be seen in a long skirt, holding to your convictions even when the weather is warmer. Someone out there is bound to be encouraged by your example in this." Each modest believing mom still from time to time need encouragement in not growing weary in doing good.:)
PS you look beautiful!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Kasey @ TFOMplus2 said...

LOVE the hat! And you love far too wonderful to have recently had that sweet baby!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home